What's new

CADE soap new formula.

I stopped by my local L'Occitane this morning and I noticed the Cade shave soap had a different colored label.

I bought one and brought it home to compare to my older pucks that I purchased about a year ago.

It looks like the formula of the soap has been tweaked a bit. The new puck has a nice strong scent

that I can smell through the wrapper.

Here is the label of the soap I bought this morning.
$CADE_nf1.1.jpg

This is the label of my older pucks.
$cade.jpg

I bought the new one in Sept not realizing that there was an old formula. I haven't tried the old one but the new one is really nice. A nice clean scent. I'm really enjoying it so far.

Try it out and report back :thumbup1:

I just opened a new puck not long ago so I won't be getting to the new one for a while.

Just wanted to pass along the info. I love Cade, it's always been one of my go to soaps.

This is my typical Cade lather.
proxy.php

Hopefully the new formula will produce the same lather as the old. It doesn't look like they've modified the formula too drastically. The stronger scent sounds like an improvement though!

Ben

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Doesn't look like we have any lather problems with the new formula. Seems that the wood oils have been promoted to a higher position, nice!

The second thing I noticed after the new label was a more pronounced scent. It still smells like Cade, just more of it, and that's a good thing.

I'm so stoked to hear this. I always found the lather to be only very good with a lot of work. As a result I only reached for it for the scent, which was always weak and disappeared after only a few weeks. I'll probably ditch what I have left and pick up one of these new pucks.

I wish I had an old puck to compare it to but I've only tried the new one.
The scent is great, but it smells so good that I wouldn't complain if they made it even stronger.
Also, no problems lathering so far at all. Lathered right up every time I used it.
It's not the all time best soap I've ever used but it's fairly inexpensive, easily attainable, performs very well and smells excellent.
Sounds like they may have just made it better.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Cade is one of my favorite soaps. Didn't care too much for the aluminum bowl. Cade seems to just belong in a wooden bowl.

I have to admit, Cade is one of the only soaps I have thrown away. The other being Caswell Massey. I bought my puck a year ago and can't remember now what the label looked like. I tried every lathering technique I know, and I could not get a stable lather from Cade. I think it smells great, and I envy those of you that can lather it up like Chris.

I have to admit, Cade is one of the only soaps I have thrown away. The other being Caswell Massey. I bought my puck a year ago and can't remember now what the label looked like. I tried every lathering technique I know, and I could not get a stable lather from Cade. I think it smells great, and I envy those of you that can lather it up like Chris.

+1. Tossed mine too.

You can toss any pucks my way--it's one of my favorite soaps, and one of my better performing soaps. I am interested in learning more about the new formula, as a stronger scent would be great!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I want to get a puck of the new formula and see how it compares to the old one, which was a very fine soap with a fantastic scent.

I may have to swing by the store and take a whiff. Cade soap is a great, easy lathering soap that produces lush, creamy lather for me. I find the scent gets stronger as I use the puck regularly, but perhaps my nose is just getting attuned to it. In any event, if the new formulation has a stronger scent and the same performance, it would be worth the $12 for the scent upgrade alone.

Thanks for the info. As others say, the relative weakness of scent is the only deficiency I find in Cade soap. Even when I was just starting to learn how to use soaps, Cade never failed to provide me a wonderful lather.

Top Bottom