What's new

C&E Best Badger availability

I have read in several posts that C&E was discontinuing their Best Badger brush that sells for $35, and that it is no longer being carried in stores. However, I have found it online:
http://store.crabtree-evelyn.com/acc130291.html
And I just called my local store and they said that they had a couple in stock. Have the reports of the discontinuing of this product been greatly exaggerated, did they decide to keep it in their lineup due to the praise from avid wetshavers, or is this a different one than I have read about? They describe it on their website as their mid-level quality, better than the pure badger brushes. It is described as "Cream Best Badger Small Shave Brush", item no. 130291, and sells for $35.

that's the right one...I believe there were rumors about it being discontinued, but it is not being discontinued (as far as I know from reading reports from those who contacted C&E).

When I bought mine, about a month ago, they had several in stock. I'm near Cleveland, Ohio. I'm sure they could order it for you, or you could order it online.

Steve

There was a period of time where there was a scarcity of the product and when asked about it, the general response that was given was "We are clearing room for a new line of brushes for father's day 2007". The brush was briefly taken off the website as well. Once Father's day roled around, a new line of brushes was added to the website, but the old favorite BBB was also back- this time $10 more expensive.

After a few days (and possibly a few complaints), C&E reversed, bringing the brush back down to its previous price point at $35.

At this point, its alive and well, and available locally- in fact my girlfriend picked me up one yesterday and told me there were quite a few at the one she went to (in Maryland).

Hope that helps.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
As Mark Twain said when asked about the C&E Best Badger brush being discontinued: The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated. :wink:

Alright, gents, I took everybody's advice and went to my local C&E to pick up a Best Badger, as the lady over the phone assured me they had two in stock.
I walked out of the store, thinking I was now the proud owner of a $35 Best Badger, but when I opened the box in the car (always check in store!), I found that I had been given the pure badger in a best badger box. Simple mistake, no harm no foul. But when I walked back into the store, the lady didn't even bat an eye, as if she knew exactly what she had given me. Without looking at the brush, she said that it was essentially the same brush, and that was what C&E was now calling their Best Badger. But I pointed out the Best Badger on display, and showed how they were clearly different in terms of the hair. When I indicated that I had not come to purchase a pure badger brush, and would like my money back, she decided to check the back one last time, and lo and behold, she happened to have one last Best Badger. I don't know why. I now have the correct brush, I used it last night, and I loved it. But I think from now on I will be going online or to the outlet store (a little bit longer of a drive) for my C&E needs.

I bought at best badger brush iat C &E in the Seattle area last week. They had plenty in stock. It is sounding like some stores are stocking and some are not.

My local C&E doesn't stock the BBB and said they can't order it either.
(Oh well, went w/ a SR instead and now have a 0% chance of ever needing the BBB.)

My local C&E doesn't stock the BBB and said they can't order it either.
(Oh well, went w/ a SR instead and now have a 0% chance of ever needing the BBB.)

Hah- Don't be so sure... I absolutely love my Shavemac 177 that I've had for the better part of the year and purchased a C&E BBB two days ago...

:biggrin1:

I was told last week by a clerk @ my local C&E that they will also bring back the both Sweet Almond Oil soap and cream... anyone hear the same?

Let's put this to rest, as a general rule, C&E employees (whether in a store or from the Help Desk) have no idea what is going on with their shaving products... Whatever they say- take with a grain of salt.

That is not to say they are being secretive, I honestly don't think they have a clue what the company's position is on certain things.

I was told last week by a clerk @ my local C&E that they will also bring back the both Sweet Almond Oil soap and cream... anyone hear the same?

My outlet store doesn't have any thing in the Sweet Almond Oil line, but the brick and mortar at the mall has the cream in the tube and the soap refills (but they are smaller than the Nomad, Sienna, or Sandalwood, and sell for only $5, instead of $8, look to be about the size of a Col. Conk puck).
My sales lady said she thought they were phasing out the SAO. She said it just hasn't sold like the others. I was quite ecstatic at finding a whole tub of the cream at a TJ Maxx that they sold to me for $5 because the box was torn! So right now I have a partially used tube and an unused tub of the cream. I like it, but after trying some others, it is not my favorite scent, so I am torn as to whether I want to stock up on some of the soaps at $5 a piece if it looks like they are phasing it out.

Top Bottom