What's new

Busted

Somewhere I read someone buys surgical prep open comb DE razors and uses them when traveling. Apparently since the blade can't be removed they are TSA okay. You can pick some up on Amazon for between $10 and $96 depending on how many you want. I I'm gonna buy a 10 pack and keep them stashed for future air travel.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I always put my stuff in checked luggage and never have issues. I don't need to shave on the plane so I just stow it for the trip.

This is sensible. If you do a good 3 pass shave on the morning of travel, you shouldn't need to shave again in 24+ hours. I wouldn't need to.

I've left blades in my carry-on by accident and got away with it a couple of times. I now check my luggage and it's really much easier today than it was, say, 10 years ago. Also, every now and then I noodle a product that wouldl allow wet shavers to take blades in their carry-ons.

Last time I travelled was with a Mach 3 razor (only had carry on and didn’t want to rely on finding blades at my destination). I did pack my brush and a plastic container of Van set Hagen soap. Well, long story short, I got pulled aside and had to explain why I had a small plastic container filled with a “foreign substance”. Not a pleasurable experience, and I followed all the rules. After explaining it was shaving soap and getting a blank stare from the agent, he smelled it and decided that the soap was legit. Longest 5 minutes of my life. Who knows, maybe he looked up shaving soap and is a regular here now [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In carry-on I will only pack disposables now. Why waste time arguing with Barney Fife? And if the trip is more than three days, I check luggage.

Top Bottom