What's new

Business card type shave counter

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Yes, I know tracking blades isn't necessary, but I need it and feel comfortable with it, and I don't like counting digitally with my phone/computer etc.
For a long time, I have been very satisfied with using an abacus to record the number of shaves with a razor blade. I feel that counting is simple, the texture is good enough, and it can track multiple blades at the same time...
Unexpectedly, the record was messed up by the Taiwan earthquake on 4/3 T^T
It seems that we must make an equipment that is not afraid of shaking to assist!
Just drew, cut, and nailed this new "shave counter"──
1. Even if it falls, the number can be maintained.
2. Can record three blades: I am used to rotating a DE razor + an affordable shavette + Tedalus Essence in parallel at the same time.
3. Use numbers from 00 to 99: Because I use the blade a lot, at least about 30 times.
4. Thin and light, does not take up space.
5. Waterproof.
This time, even if it is swung like a meteor hammer, there is no fear of the numbers changing.

2abfa5a0-a8b7-4e30-8e95-ca7cb43b02ca.jpg

Attachments

• 1680489520-395575621-g_n.jpg
    1680489520-395575621-g_n.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 13
What ever happened to small note book, and pen or pencil for keeping track of things?

I am a list guy, made lists, to do list everyday of working life. To this day I still make a list on old envelope to make sure I accomplish stuff.

ERS4

What ever happened to small note book, and pen or pencil for keeping track of things?

I am a list guy, made lists, to do list everyday of working life. To this day I still make a list on old envelope to make sure I accomplish stuff.
I understand that "pen + notebook" is a more traditional recording tool.

But when it comes to tracking the number of shaves, using "two tools" to do it together is a little too much for me.

I would rather have a single tool that can track blades without any subsequent wear and tear; I can accumulate a small amount of money to buy more blades or soap, rather than spending shaving money on pens and paper.

Moreover, shaving is a hobby for B&B men. If we can use special tools, it will be more fun, not to mention the enjoyment of the process of making homemade tools.

ERS4

I like your Williams razor!
Its ease of use, comfort, and sturdiness exceeded my expectations.

I originally thought this razor would feel like a can chip, but the material Williams uses actually has a certain thickness, which gives it a solid feel.
Of course, this is still a hollow razor, so it is only about 35g, which is similar to the weight of some antique three-piece DEs with hollow handles, but cannot be compared with the weight of modern CNC.

Even though there is no actual base plate, as long as the blade is held still, the shaving process is not scary.

I think Williams' design deserves a higher rating in shaving history; at first glance it looks like a cost-saving move, but everything is well thought out.

ERS4

That’s really neat. How did you make it? I want one and I don’t even track the number of shaves on a blade 😂
Even if I don't count shaving, my wife is able to count the number of times I snore at night.

I just used software to draw the pattern, printed it on cardboard, soaked it in resin to enhance the waterproofness, and finally assembled it with rivets. It's not very complicated.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Yes, I know tracking blades isn't necessary, but I need it and feel comfortable with it, and I don't like counting digitally with my phone/computer etc.
For a long time, I have been very satisfied with using an abacus to record the number of shaves with a razor blade. I feel that counting is simple, the texture is good enough, and it can track multiple blades at the same time...
Unexpectedly, the record was messed up by the Taiwan earthquake on 4/3 T^T
It seems that we must make an equipment that is not afraid of shaking to assist!
Just drew, cut, and nailed this new "shave counter"──
1. Even if it falls, the number can be maintained.
2. Can record three blades: I am used to rotating a DE razor + an affordable shavette + Tedalus Essence in parallel at the same time.
3. Use numbers from 00 to 99: Because I use the blade a lot, at least about 30 times.
4. Thin and light, does not take up space.
5. Waterproof.
This time, even if it is swung like a meteor hammer, there is no fear of the numbers changing.[...]
ERS4:
Where can we get our hands on this cool shaving / blade counter below❓

2abfa5a0-a8b7-4e30-8e95-ca7cb43b02ca.jpg

proxy.php
“[A razor / blade counter can be like a]…riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma". Sir Winston Churchill

Last edited:

ERS4

Where can we get our hands on this cool shaving / blade counter below❓

“[A razor / blade counter can be like a]…riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma". Sir Winston Churchill
Because each rivet is hammered by hand and requires painstaking adjustment, it is not easy to mass-produce.
And I live in a remote island country in Asia, this also constitutes an important reason why I can only make it for my own use at present.

If you have the same blade tracking needs.
I found that the "18 Holes Golf Stroke Counter" achieves almost the same effect, and can manage more blades at the same time.
As for the golf pattern and text above, it takes a little time to modify it to look more like a special shaving counter.

1714798811962.png

Top Bottom