What's new

bushcraft knife

Probably late to the party but one more vote for the Kbar USMC. My youngest brother always carries one and it's an awesome camping knife.
I also like the Becker Kbar knives, I've had one of those for a while, the BK2. It is very chunky, not a problem but if I were to purchase a replacement it may be something trimmer like an Ontario Rat5.
And another +1 for the mora knives. Much nicer knife than I expected for the money. I haven't actually taken it out anywhere though, it looks like it would be good for a multitude of tasks.

I recently picked up a Mora Garberg off the bay for ~$50. There more expensive if you buy a new one. I've got to say its a really nice knife.

The Buck Mesa----sub $45 Walmart excusive----full tang 5in blade with micarta slabs and has a slick little ambi sheath----uses Buck's standard 420hc steel and comes shaving sharp.

You might have to search a bit--I had to go to several Walmarts to find one---I'll be getting a second one today if they still have any. They'll make great camping/hiking/all round knock about blades for my summer travels this year----Buck Forever Warranty also----US made.

Another vote for the Mora line. They are really heard to beat, especially for the price. I bought several the last time I was in Finland. The PUKKU design is a knife for working people. The Nordic people lived and survived with their knives. Hard to beat that history.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
J-P Peltonen M95 Ranger knife. Simple, comfortable, trusty, affordable, and the Finnish Army use it.
Or just buy the good old Kabar.

Top Bottom