What's new

Bumps on head when hair starts growing back

Hey yal, quick question. So I shave my head, usually every other day or so but sometimes I go 3-4 days but I notice that when my hair starts to grow out I get these little bumps all over my head. It seems like it’s the hair follicles or something but I’m not sure. It goes away once I shave again my head gets smooth again it’s weird. Anybody know what it could be?

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Sounds a bit like ingrown hairs.
What usually happens is that shaving keeps the hair length below the skin surface, so the new growth cannot protrude through the pores normally.

But without seeing the photos, it's hard to judge.
There are many possibilities for causing a skin bump.

I also get those. In my case they are not ingrown hairs, because they grow back normally, but might be caused by a very close shave and the hairs growing back creates that little bump when passing the skin. Don't know, just a theory.
Unfortunately not shaving close, for me, is harder on the head than on the face. On the face you can see that the shave is acceptable, on the head you go by feel and every bit of hair you can feel it.

I don't have any miraculous solution, but exfoliating helps. Or a milder cleanser that can be used everyday.

I use a salicylic acid, tea tree oil, and aloe gel treatment on my entire head after I shave. It's called Lavo - Tea Tree Soothing Gel. You can find it on Amazon or direct. It has quite literally changed my life. I previously suffered with several ingrown hairs and bumps after every shave. I used to only shave my head twice a week but now I can shave as often as I want and I have not seen a major issue with bumps or ingrowns since I started using this product. Highly recommend!

I use a salicylic acid, tea tree oil, and aloe gel treatment on my entire head after I shave. It's called Lavo - Tea Tree Soothing Gel. You can find it on Amazon or direct. It has quite literally changed my life. I previously suffered with several ingrown hairs and bumps after every shave. I used to only shave my head twice a week but now I can shave as often as I want and I have not seen a major issue with bumps or ingrowns since I started using this product. Highly recommend!
I grabbed some of this stuff from Amazon after reading what you wrote and just got it today. Do you use it in place of an aftershave or still use aftershave and use the Lavoskin before or after the aftershave?

Unsure if it's the same, but I shave a portion of my head daily and sometimes get bumps also. I have found that keeping my head lotioned will minimize these bumps. I use standard Aveeno hand lotion (my preference for it's no/nominal scent).

I like the sound of the concoction @schwaggy found too!

I grabbed some of this stuff from Amazon after reading what you wrote and just got it today. Do you use it in place of an aftershave or still use aftershave and use the Lavoskin before or after the aftershave?
I use just the Lavo gel, then sometimes follow up with a moisturizer.

Unsure if it's the same, but I shave a portion of my head daily and sometimes get bumps also. I have found that keeping my head lotioned will minimize these bumps. I use standard Aveeno hand lotion (my preference for it's no/nominal scent).

I like the sound of the concoction @schwaggy found too!
I used to us that lotion after shaving but it ended my my oily scalp even more oily.

I used to us that lotion after shaving but it ended my my oily scalp even more oily.
Ain't it funny how different lotions, blades, razors, creams, soaps, etc work differently for different people?

What did you find that works for you now?

Ain't it funny how different lotions, blades, razors, creams, soaps, etc work differently for different people?

What did you find that works for you now?

I just started using the Lavo gel as of yesterday. With just a couple of applications I do think I see a difference. For now I’m just going to stick with it but once my scalp seems to be clear I’ll try using an aftershave after applying the Lavo gel. I do like how thin it is….a little goes a long way for sure.

Top Bottom