What's new

Build your Own Dremel Polishing Wheel

I found this link to build a nice, simple polishing wheel for the Dremel rotary tool.

There are instructions for both a stitched and stitchless model. I have not built/tried these myself but I plan to. Mounted to the Dremel workstation, this should be very useful for all you Dremel users.

LINK

Some comments have brought this to light:

Having not thought about it at first, I realized that the stitchless model would be a bad idea, at least for use on a razor. The razor could very easily be caught in the cloth and thrown at you with incredible speed. It is the recommendation of safety that you do not use the stitchless model, but if so: Use at your own risk!
I imagine it would be quite suitable for other purposes where sharp objects are not involved.

Last edited:
cool link, thanks!

if youve some kind of sanding rig (which if youre using a dremel you probably have) then the stiched one should be ok I would think.

Yes, the unstitched one would be fine if you have something like the Ellis jig. The edge is laid flat on the jig.

However, I still fail to see the point in making your own. The cost savings must be miniscule compared to the generic ones.

Btw, the stitchless version would be best used in polishing scales, not razors.

I'm not sure I'd trust that cotton one, especially with the wire that could do some damage if you touch it to the razor/item.

I have a Dremel polishing kit that I picked up for a few bucks at WAL*MART about 5 years ago. I have used it on everything from my wedding band to razors and still have a lot of polishing attachments left.

proxy.php

Top Bottom