What's new

FS Brushes: M&F, Sears, Gray Box, Alpha, Elite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a big move in about ten months so the den thinning has begun. I will cover shipping to the US and PR. If you live anywhere else you will have to add $20 to the prices. 1. M&F 2xl in Fiesta Ebonite with a Finest knot. Used four times by me and I don't know if the first owner used it at all. Beautifully polished. 2xl in ebonite go for close to $300...Selling for $175.

2. Simpsons Tulip 3 in Super from the famed Gray Box era. Lightly used in a huge rotation. Used less than ten times by me, but I can't speak for the previous owner. I will say this brush is like new and even the sticker looks new. Maggard sells new T3s for $195. Selling for $145 with its original gray box.

3. Alpha shaving T-400 special edition. Steve only made 25 in the red. You can see how big and fluffy the knot is. The ferrule is threaded and additional knots and ferrules are available from Alpha. Used five or six times. Not sure of retail on this special edition but a regular T-400 goes for $120. Selling for $115.

4. M&F L7 26mm Finest. Silver and Clear. I love the L7 handle for face lathering. The lather stays up top and it never slips out of my hand. This is a nice knot, just slightly less dense than the typical 2xl or style 1 knots, so pretty dense with great backbone. I may have used this brush ten times and it is still scrubby and not quite broken in. I'm gentle on my brushes. Retail $205. Selling for $150

5. Brad Sears Chalice 26mm in Ocean Mist Acrylic with a three band Super Badger knot. If this one sells I am going to miss it terribly, but I really need to thin the den. The handle is kind of small and elegant, the Ocean Mist Acrylic is quite nice, and Brad might have the nicest logo going. Approximately ten uses on this one, too. Chalices start at $165. Selling for $125

6. Elite Razor blue resin and real jasper handle with 26mm Manchurian White knot. These knots are $65 and the handle was probably around that much, so around $130 retail. Very lightly used in a big rotation. I'm the only owner. Selling for $105.

7. Rick Montalvo synthetic. This handle is Wolf Whiskers resin, but turned and polished by Rick. I think WW calls the resin used for the top and bottom Heart of Gryffindor and the middle is clear with some of those colors dribbled into it. The knot is a Blackwolf synthetic (similar to a tuxedo). It does have a bit of doughnut hole effect at the top, but it doesn't affect performance and I've priced accordingly. Montalvos usually go for about $65. Selling for $35.

DSCN3711.JPG
RSCN3707.JPG
DSCN3709.JPG
DSCN3713.JPG
RSCN3706.JPG
DSCN3712.JPG
DSCN3710.JPG

Last edited:
Last price reduction on the remaining brushes. $165 for the ebonite 2xl, $125 for the Tulip, $110 for the Alpha, $130 for the L7, $100 for the Elite.

Also. Buy any of the remaining brushes and add this Jayaruh for $20. The artisan made this by hand, without a lathe, out of purple heart. The handle is tiny- shorter than a 26mm Paladin Falstaff- but it has a 27 or 28mm Virginia Sheng knot that gels like crazy when wet.
RSCN3681.JPG

Final price reductions and I'll leave this up for one or two more days. Gray Box T3 $120, Alpha special edition $105, Silver M&F L7 Finest $125, and Elite resin and jasper handle Manchurian $95. All are like new and I am the only owner of all but the Tulip so I can tell you that all of those have hardly been used. Less than ten uses on the Alpha and ten to fifteen on the M&F and Elite.

Thanks to everyone who bought something, and thanks to B&B. Thinned the den some and some nice brushes will go back into the rotation. This one is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom