What's new

FSOT Brushes M&F, Rooney, Wolf Whiskers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to make room for new stuff.

M&F Polo Blonde Badger 22mm. All Lee. This one is not like any other Blonde I've used. They normally are scrubby, even a little scritchy. This one has incredible gel tips. Very little presence, no scrub, and no scritch. I think this is because the brush saw a lot of use before I had it, but I can't say this with 100% certainty. The handle is perfect and the knot still has decent backbone for a 22mm. It hasn't shed any hairs since I've owned it. I've used it four or five times. Since I believe it has seen a lot of use, and doesn't conform to typical Blonde characteristics, I'm pricing it at $90 SHIPPED CONUS and PR.
proxy.php

M&F Barrel. 22mm Blonde Badger. This little guy is also all Lee, but I got it in almost brand new condition. I've used it five times. It is typical Blonde Badger; very scrubby with excellent backbone. I'll sell it for $120 SHIPPED CONUS and PR.
proxy.php

Wolf Whiskers 1301 handle with 26mm Elite Manchurian. Burgundy Creek colors. $65 retail on the handle and the same for the knot. $115 SHIPPED CONUS AND PR.
proxy.php

Wolf Whiskers TSE handle in Rocky Road with a 26mm TGN High Mountain White. Cost on this one was $140. $115 SHIPPED CONUS AND PR.
proxy.php

I don't have retail prices on the last two so I am offering them for trade, but feel free to PM me to discuss sale. I am seeking a Wiborg (PM to discuss trade terms), Charcoal Goods, one of the new anniversary Simpsons brushes, or a Black Eagle. The Rooney is a horn handle somewhere around 26 or 27 mm with the Heritage three band hair. Sorry about being imprecise. I am not the original owner. The original owner told me he used the brush once and I have used it five or six times. The print on the back has some small spots where it has come off. See the photos. The M&F Tulip is a rare handle style. It also has Heritage three band. I think it is around 24mm. There is a tiny chip on the lip of the handle, but it is too small for me to capture in photos. I can only see it with a magnifying glass. It is the size of a couple of poppy seeds. Other than that it is a really nice handle.
DSCN2741.JPG
RSCN2745.JPG
RSCN2751.JPG

Last edited:
Hi, Pat.

Would you be interested in a trade: your M&F Polo for my Simpsons Duke 2 Limited Edition Best?

The Duke 2 Limited Edition has an "imitation ivory" handle in an unusual iridescent pattern. It was available for only a short time. I bought it new from Simpsons. If I recall, the price was about $160. The knot is a good example of soft but dense Simpsons Best. The condition of the brush reflects careful use. It's just about perfect, except that the label has the usual green discoloration from exposure to water.

I'll take photos and send them to you if you have any interest.

Best,

Bob Wellen

Hi, Pat.

Would you be interested in a trade: your M&F Polo for my Simpsons Duke 2 Limited Edition Best?

The Duke 2 Limited Edition has an "imitation ivory" handle in an unusual iridescent pattern. It was available for only a short time. I bought it new from Simpsons. If I recall, the price was about $160. The knot is a good example of soft but dense Simpsons Best. The condition of the brush reflects careful use. It's just about perfect, except that the label has the usual green discoloration from exposure to water.

I'll take photos and send them to you if you have any interest.

Best,

Bob Wellen

Thanks for the offer Bob, but I don't want another 22mm brush. I probably would have taken a Duke3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom