What's new

brush vs. essential oils

Could something happen to my brush if I put essential oils with my creams?
I want to make my own "proraso" by adding a drop of menthol/mint essential oil to the mix. Can it ruin my brush?

:confused::smile:

I read somewhere that oil can coat the brush hair (fur) and make it less effective at building a good lather but I could be wrong. If you have any problems just soak it in a borax solution for a few minutes and start over.

I read somewhere that oil can coat the brush hair (fur) and make it less effective at building a good lather but I could be wrong. If you have any problems just soak it in a borax solution for a few minutes and start over.

I thought of that too but than again, I remembered that we are using soap with the brush, and soaps clean oils.
Every lathering is actually a thorough cleaning of the brush in soap. Or have I got it wrong somewhere?:001_huh:

I thought of that too but than again, I remembered that we are using soap with the brush, and soaps clean oils.
Every lathering is actually a thorough cleaning of the brush in soap. Or have I got it wrong somewhere?:001_huh:

I was thinking that also. If you lather with shave soap technically you are cleaning your brush. As long as you thoroughly rinse it will your brush be clean and soap scum free?

I add 4 or 5 drops of Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, and Lavender essential oils to my scuttle every morning before lathering my shaving cream up and have never had an issue with my brush. Just rinse with hot water and you'll be fine.

Top Bottom