What's new

Brush for this brush for that...

I'm pretty sure this question has been beaten with the ugly stick a few times.

Just curious and been wondering I have a SB brush and have been using it for both my soaps and creams. Now any of you gents use badger for creams and boar for soap? Or does it really not matter and it's just more of a personnal preferance? TIA

Personally I've always thought it was BS. Sure, if you like collecting brushes you can use different ones for different purposes. But any halfway decent brush can be used for soap or creams. Even a "floppy" Vulfix.

I use badgers for creams and boars for soaps and creams. I find I can always get a decent lather with a boar, but some of the badgers are a bit harder for me to get the best lather all the time.

Not only different brushes for creams and soaps, but different brushes for different days of the week..
Like a major league pitcher, they work best with a certain number of days rest...

I don't even use creams but I have soaps that definitely prefer one of my brushes and other soaps that definitely prefer the other.

Just the word cream, uhh! Yes, of course it's a personal choice. I could choose to lather with a mop. But, yes some brushes work better with soaps. I use boars for soaps, and the 3/1 Ronney(small) and Emillion(medium) brushes work well for both soap and cream. What is irksome is having a brush you don't use, or using a bad brush on your fav soap/cream.

You need a new brush!

Top Bottom