What's new

Brush experts, please help identify this brush

I would greatly appreciate any help identifying this brush. It has B600 stamped on the bottom of the handle and other than that, there are no markings anywhere else on the handle. It has a badger hair knot that looks as though it has not been used and has no smell other than "old." The only reason that I am thinking that it may not have been used is that it does not appear to have bloomed. I have not done an exhaustive search on the butterscotch thread but I think that I may have seen one like this posted somewhere on here in the past. I will be glad to answer any questions that would be helpful to identify this brush.

$IMGP3472.jpg$IMGP3473.jpg$IMGP3475.jpg

Best regards,

Doug

I have one just like it. It's an Erskine B-600 and the knot looks to be in the same condition. Mine will lose hairs if handled too roughly.

Hair conditioner can work wonders on an old knot. I have a Kent that was very brittle, but a couple of hour-long soaks in conditioner revived it.

Thank you Harry. While I have heard of Erskine, I know nothing about them. I have not done anything with the brush yet though I will give it a wash tomorrow. How do you like the performance?

Regards,

Doug

Erskines are outstanding brush handles. They are the best of my restores, along with another brand marked 'baton'.

Thank you Harry. While I have heard of Erskine, I know nothing about them. I have not done anything with the brush yet though I will give it a wash tomorrow. How do you like the performance?

Regards,

Doug

Haven't used it because of the excessive shedding. When I get the time I will replace the knot with one of the TGN knots I have lying around.

Top Bottom