What's new

Brown Leaf Acquisitions - January 2024

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Something small to start the year. Got the jarred pipe blend during the PIFmas season (thank you @BSawhill). The other two were in celebration of going from conditional to permanent tenure in my GS job.

IMG_6171.jpeg

I pulled the trigger on a Dublin, a shape I don't have, and it's an unusual one at that:

View attachment 1777901 View attachment 1777902

This Butz-Choquin is lightly bent, also unusual for me. But I liked the crisp-edged heel of the bowl. . . .
I'm thinking I might hold off on trying out the pipe for an out-of-the-ordinary occasion -- but I don't have a birthday for a long while, and my planned retirement is more than two months off. We'll see. . . .
The pipe arrived today in good order. It's much more of a chestnut brown than the pics indicate, which I like. It's one of those pipes where you're inclined to say to yourself, "This is too nice-looking even to think about bringing a flame near it."

I have an interesting one, it’s a Peterson as well, but a vintage one made by Colibri. Bought it not working, valve leaking and dirty. I took apart the valve, re-greased the seals (have new ones on the way) gave it a blessing, a prayer, and refilled it. Here she is in all her glory and lights every time.

Larry

image.jpg
image.jpg

Top Bottom