What's new

Brotherhood of Non-Daily Shavers (BONDS)

I know we all enjoy shaving as a hobby, but how many of us are not daily shavers? 🙋🏻‍♂️

This group is for everyone (not just men, despite the "brotherhood" in the name) who shaves less frequently than daily for whatever reason.

In my case, as my screen name suggests, I am follicly challenged. Fortunately, my malady does not apply to my pate. However, it means my facial hair grows super slowly. It takes about 48 hours for me to reach the point where I have enough facial hair to shave.

Count me in. I wait 36-48 hours before I shave again, maybe less for a special occasion. I usually shave my neck and touch up my beard (as of yesterday was removed for the coming spring). I am on the opposite end on hair growth, for my 5'clock shadow grows in quickly.

Interesting group idea. I know there is a brotherhood for weekly shavers. I wouldn't fit into that category, but I am definitely not a daily shaver.

When I shave (predominantly with straights and shavettes), I like to go for a BBS shave. After that, it will be a good 2-3 days before there is a visually noticeable amount of stubble on my face. If I were to go for a BBS on a daily basis, I don't think my skin would hold up very well.

I'm a 36 to 48 hr shaver, unless something comes up, but that's what my mild razors are for. Of course over the last year there are instances where 72 to 96 hours was not unusual, which never turns out well. Now that shipping is better, my SAD, BAD, ect...kicked in and I'll be back to 36-48.

When I was younger and in the military, I had to shave daily. Did that for 11 years.
For years after I got out, I only shaved when I felt like it, and that could be 2 day, or 2 weeks.
Since I picked up my first DE last June, I have settled into an every an every other day routine.
I COULD shave every day, but why? I can use all my excellent aftershaves whether or not I shave, so I'm good every other day.

I basically shave twice a week, usually Thursday or Friday ( my heavy shave) with my timeless open comb, and a cleanup with my Ikon X3 slant. Usuly for the heavy shave I'll use Kai or Feathers. For the cleanup if been really enjoying the Personna Israeli Red.

I could pull of shaving every day or every other day, but I'm just lazy. I usually work weekend or overnights. Monday is they one day I have to be in the office during regular business hours, so I need to be a bit more presentable.

I used to shave every day for work but have had an illness that has thinned and slowed the hair growth on my face. It’s ironic that when I had to shave I hated it (thanks cartridge razors!) and now that I want to I have to wait at least 36 hours but preferably 48 or more. This is true with a typical DFS+ shave. I have considered skipping the ATG pass so I could shave more often. I’ll be testing that theory soon.

So I guess I’m qualified for the Brotherhood but wishing I didn’t. 😉

I used to shave every day for work but have had an illness that has thinned and slowed the hair growth on my face. It’s ironic that when I had to shave I hated it (thanks cartridge razors!) and now that I want to I have to wait at least 36 hours but preferably 48 or more. This is true with a typical DFS+ shave. I have considered skipping the ATG pass so I could shave more often. I’ll be testing that theory soon.

So I guess I’m qualified for the Brotherhood but wishing I didn’t. 😉
At least you can blame your slow facial follicular growth on a disease. I have no such excuse. My facial hair has never grown quickly enough to suit the hobby! 😆

I'm in! I shave mostly every two days, but it's not that unusual for me to let it go another day if I have no pressing need (though as my enjoyment of shaving has increased based on learning and also since I began my crazy 'Around the World in 80 Blades' journey this happens less often). Daily shaving tends to make the sensitive skin around my neck break out, so it's not really worth it, plus I'm a musician and there are really no expectations for me to be ultra-clean-shaven on a daily basis.

Top Bottom