What's new

Broken tooth fix

I have a Single Ring with two broken teeth. To make it safe to shave with, I snip the corner's off a blade with scissors.
Works great and you need not worry about that unprotected point biting you.

V

VR6ofpain

Damn, this is awesome. What kind of scissors? You don't need tin snips or something?

Very creative, but is it really necessary?

I thought the whole idea of having an open comb was to expose more blade area ... it seems you're defeating the purpose by snipping the blade.

I don't know if having a broken tooth on a razor really presents much danger ... as long as you observe proper technique, you should be OK.

Great idea!!!!

I thought the whole idea of having an open comb was to expose more blade area ... it seems you're defeating the purpose by snipping the blade.

I don't know if having a broken tooth on a razor really presents much danger ... as long as you observe proper technique, you should be OK.

Well, he may just be cautious. Someone could shave without the comb altogether, just the top part of the head, blade, and screwed together. But if theres a comb, why not use it:smile:

cool idea.

how many times did it bite you before you thought to snip? :biggrin:

I read the Bostonian value thread (http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=89251&page=2 )
How Darjeeling Express had restored the Bostonian with the broken tooth. He mentioned that the broken tooth resulted in an over exposed, unprotected blade corner.
I had a old single ring laying around with the same problem, so I came up with this, tried it out, works great.

Doesn't hurt to be safe.

Great idea!!!!

Well, he may just be cautious. Someone could shave without the comb altogether, just the top part of the head, blade, and screwed together. But if theres a comb, why not use it:smile:

Nothing wrong with responsible ORM.

But, highball, you know there is a bounty on your life now.:biggrin:
That broken tooth was the only reason I didn't buy that new improved. Why didnt you think of this sooner!:mad:

:smile:

EDIT: you can relax, I bought another new improved:biggrin:

Last edited:
Very creative, but is it really necessary? I suppose not

I can send you the Silver Ring and a styptic pencil to test out . A missing tooth in the center would be no big deal, a corner tooth is a different matter

But, highball, you know there is a bounty on your life now.:biggrin:
That broken tooth was the only reason I didn't buy that new improved. Why didnt you think of this sooner!:mad:

:smile:

EDIT: you can relax, I bought another new improved:biggrin:

Pictures, we wanna see pictures of your New Improved

you cant shave without it on a 3 peice gillete, atleast the ones i have,

the handle only screws in a certain distance, leaving about a milimeter for the unbent blade to flop around and do its best to cut your face off

I just gave away a razor with a broken end tooth, thought I would bring this post back up to show a easy fix

Last edited:
Top Bottom