What's new

British Aristocrat cleaning advice

Hi all, received my British Aristocrat #58 today it is a very nice example with a near mint box, when I received it I looked at the razor it looks in pretty good nick no dents scratches or damage etc it is just not shiny and the TTO mechanism was insanely stiff, I have been soaking throughout the day in hot (boiled not boiling) water with mild dish soap and eventually I worked the TTO mechanism loose it is still stiff towards the end of travel both when opening and closing the doors (is this normal?) also there is a distinct smell of machine/oily type of smell from the razor and what looks like splash marks how will i remove these?

Am I being too pessimistic as I was only really after a user grade for a daily?

All comments welcome by the way it is the aluminium version.

That's not an aristocrat, it is only #58 set.
Most likely coronation version if there's a crown on the lid.

Photos would do just fine in this thread.

That's not an aristocrat, it is only #58 set.
Most likely coronation version if there's a crown on the lid.

Photos would do just fine in this thread.
Thanks,
I have done a bit of reading and believe it is an aristocrat JR purely because it says it is on an advert

R

romsitsa

All my british tto-s (in good shape/unused) were filled with grease, think they left the factory this way. Boiling water will melt it and repeated opening-closing will clean it out from the handle.

Adam

Bleach free Scrubbing Bubbles will also help to free up stuck TTO's. Make sure to get some down into the handle.

Top Bottom