What's new

Braun Syncro Shaver

Just picked up a braun 5493 syncro shaver with the 5301 clean and charge station off ebay. I've heard good things about the braun and thought that I'ed try it for a month. First two shaves have been smooth and irritation free. Second shave I shaved my head, and my face, and found my head to be just as smooth as my face. The cleaning station is a little bulky sitting on my small bathroom counter but it sure is nice having the cleaning option for the foil and cutters. Cleaning solution is a little expensive but I think I can make a homemade version that works just as well. The braun seems to be a well built shaver and with major parts being available it should be running for quite awhile.

Clayton

Sounds like the work of the devil!

No, just wanted to give the electrics a fair shake. The braun syncro that I bought used really shaves close and smooth. It does a really nice job on my head too. The self cleaning feature is nice because it means you get a clean and sanitized razor every time you use it. The braun is definately a step up from the remington triple foil I bought over ten years ago.

Clayton

What are you using for wet shaving, and how do they compare side by side in terms of closeness?

I use my 41' ranger tech with a good soap or cream and do a two pass shave. once with and once against the grain. I do the same two passes with the braun syncro. The braun is actually shaving me bbs and it is actually more comfortable. I have no irritation at all. I am currently starting my second week with the braun and I shave daily and I'm using walgreens electric preshave, it works and smells great.

Clayton

Top Bottom