What's new

Braun Series 9 Pop-Up Trimmer Attachment Disassembly

Hey guys,

First post, long time lurker. I think I'm posting in the right place. I have a Braun Series 9 electric shaver that I use when I don't have time for my AboveTheTie steel double edge. The long hair trimmer attachment on the back of this Braun shaver has a small hollow area right below the blades which has collected a lot of long(ish) trimmings (not exactly stubble) over the last 2 years or so. Anyway, it's not effecting the functioning of the trimmer at the moment but I'm not going to keep pushing it and allowing all the bunches of hair to sit in there until there's some real problem that arises from it.

I've scoured youtube, the user manuals, some other forums and Q&A sites and cannot find out how I might open this SPECIFIC part of the shaver WITHOUT doing an entire teardown - there are 2 or 3 extensive teardown videos online and it's like someone carefully opening up one of the brains of those androids in Ex Machina. So, I'm not going down that path just so I can fix something that probably isn't an imminent disaster for the whole shaver. There are also a couple videos showing how to detach similar trimmer attachments on different Braun models, but I will only use something as my guide if it is the exact same model. No brainer.

Nevertheless, I want to get the hair out of this little opening sooner than later. I'ver used compressed air, cleaning brushes, inserted tiny strips of tape, and fine tweezers. The only way I'm getting this nasty hair out of there is if I detach this trimmer attachment and open it up so I can blow it out or it falls out.

I attached a pic just to be totally clear what I'm talking about.

Sorry if I've overlooked any obvious solutions and wasted anyone's time with this post.

Thank you all very much!

Attachments

• Braun S9.png
    Braun S9.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
I examined mine and I can't imagine that's an easy area to dissassemble, or get it back together. That's one of the reasons I prefer a detachable trimmer like Norelco's. Having said that, have you tried liquid soap and running it under hot water? That first, and then a vigorous shot (or several) of compressed air before I'd try the surgical removal route. I've never gotten enough hair in mine that it needed an extensive cleaning (it seems almost to be self-cleaning), but I shave exclusively wet with soap, and use the cleaning station after every shave. I'd certainly try every non-invasive method - twice - before taking it apart though.

Hey guys,

First post, long time lurker. I think I'm posting in the right place. I have a Braun Series 9 electric shaver that I use when I don't have time for my AboveTheTie steel double edge. The long hair trimmer attachment on the back of this Braun shaver has a small hollow area right below the blades which has collected a lot of long(ish) trimmings (not exactly stubble) over the last 2 years or so. Anyway, it's not effecting the functioning of the trimmer at the moment but I'm not going to keep pushing it and allowing all the bunches of hair to sit in there until there's some real problem that arises from it.

I've scoured youtube, the user manuals, some other forums and Q&A sites and cannot find out how I might open this SPECIFIC part of the shaver WITHOUT doing an entire teardown - there are 2 or 3 extensive teardown videos online and it's like someone carefully opening up one of the brains of those androids in Ex Machina. So, I'm not going down that path just so I can fix something that probably isn't an imminent disaster for the whole shaver. There are also a couple videos showing how to detach similar trimmer attachments on different Braun models, but I will only use something as my guide if it is the exact same model. No brainer.

Nevertheless, I want to get the hair out of this little opening sooner than later. I'ver used compressed air, cleaning brushes, inserted tiny strips of tape, and fine tweezers. The only way I'm getting this nasty hair out of there is if I detach this trimmer attachment and open it up so I can blow it out or it falls out.

I attached a pic just to be totally clear what I'm talking about.

Sorry if I've overlooked any obvious solutions and wasted anyone's time with this post.

Thank you all very much!

I live by the old adage, “If it ain’t broke, don’t mess with it”. Why worry about hairs trapped in the retracted cutter as long as it works? If you completely disassemble the shaver you take a chance of messing up the waterproofing or damaging the solid state computer board that controls the charging function of the battery. Also, by the time the trimmer does fail, you may want to buy a new version of the shaver or the battery will die and you will need a replacement anyway.

Top Bottom