What's new

bought these on eBay yesterday.what do you think?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
i originally posted this in the general discusion forum...im just trying to get more info on the razors i bought to justify my purchase :)

1st i'll say i got in to DE shaving a little over a year ago and now im focused on the "collection" (AD) aspect of it. This is my first collection purchase after an unsuccessful trip to the antique store today.

it was titled:

[hide] - [top]2 GEM SAFETY RAZORS IN STORAGE CASE 1 GREEN TIN 1 BOARD PAT 1912 ERA

i hope this link works for the picture: http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/...0,0,0&format=0

with shipping i ended up paying $15.80. for two vintage razors my noob mind says thats a good deal. they do look a bit rough but i've seen some great threads on cleaning old razors here. it appears they are also SE razors, which i can live with. i do plan on cleaning them up and trying them out one day.
i also have no idea if about GEM. never heard of them.

nonetheless my first vintage buy! woo hoo

(im not sure they are actually from the 1912's tho)

update: just won this too!!: http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/...0,0,0&format=0

its a

[hide] - [top]VINTAGE EVER-READY GOLD SINGLE EDGE RAZOR

apparently im a SE guy and didn't even know it lol. he was asking $15 OBO i offered him $8 and he accepted. best part...free shipping. and i remember someone on here saying any razor for $8 ya cant go wrong. again not really familiar with this either. and honestly didn't think he would accept 8 bucks!

I would say it's time to head over to walgreens and get a pack of gem blades , then stop by cvs for a pack of their blades (They shave pretty different ). And then come home and pack up your de razors cause they will be gathering a bit of dust .

I would say it's time to head over to walgreens and get a pack of gem blades , then stop by cvs for a pack of their blades (They shave pretty different ). And then come home and pack up your de razors cause they will be gathering a bit of dust .
^^^this^^^

I have almost confined my shaving to straights and SEs. I had a double ring Gillette arrive in the Mail a week and a half ago. While I really want to try it I have not found myself reaching for it yet. Every time I consider it I reach for a straight at home and took a SE to an out of town wedding this weekend. Give it a week and you will be asking yourself why the SE has faded from the modern store and offerings from manufacturers.

I know that the Mods are busy... you may want to request that they change your screen name now so that it is done for when your new toys arrive. May I suggest a name such as SEshave?

Last edited:
Top Bottom