What's new

BOTD - Beer Of The Day - 2016

proxy.php

Light and delicious!

It seems to be one of the easier to find abbey trappist brewers around here. Maybe need to try a little harder to find some of the others. Always on the lookout for Westmalle.

Around here ( STL) since AB sold out to InBev all that stuff, including Westmalle, is pretty easy to find. Friar Tucks or Randalls has all that stuff. Back a few years ago I paid close to $100 to have a 6 pack of Leffe Bruin shipped to me. Those days are long gone.

Around here ( STL) since AB sold out to InBev all that stuff, including Westmalle, is pretty easy to find. Friar Tucks or Randalls has all that stuff. Back a few years ago I paid close to $100 to have a 6 pack of Leffe Bruin shipped to me. Those days are long gone.

Even Westvleteren? I might have to take a trip if the answer is yes

Westvleteren XII often gets the moniker "best beer in the world" and at $115 a sixpack it will have to remain a mystery. What are the chances it'll live up to that hype? :001_smile

Probably pretty good actually. Would I pay that? Maybe once. I look at it like this. My current " Best beer in the world" is Rocheforte 10. That stuff is $6/11.2 oz. bottle. So $36 a six pack. This stuff would have to be 3 times better for the math to pan out. ;-)

After all the helpful hints and leads from my fellow beer enthusiasts here at B&B, finally tried Founder's Sumatra Mountain....

Fantastic..... Thanks.

Don

I see Founder's frequently on this thread, of course it's only available in the next town over. Maybe some of the restaraunts' in town have it on their rotating beer menu.

Probably pretty good actually. Would I pay that? Maybe once. I look at it like this. My current " Best beer in the world" is Rocheforte 10. That stuff is $6/11.2 oz. bottle. So $36 a six
pack. This stuff would have to be 3 times better for the math to pan out. ;-)

+1 for Rochefort 10

Steve

Tonight was Samuel Smith's Pure Organic Lager. I like the brewery; a lot of good offerings... this one was light, somewhat refreshing, but easily forgotten. Not terrible, but also not too memorable.

Don

I assumed I'd be called out for being a snob / snooty, etc., but figured I'd pass along the info anyway. The reason people are switching to craft beers, micro brews, whatever you want to call them is for better flavor and taste. Pouring that beer in a frosted glass is going to mask a lot of those flavors. Try it each way with the same bottle and see which has better flavor.

I assumed I'd be called out for being a snob / snooty, etc., but figured I'd pass along the info anyway. The reason people are switching to craft beers, micro brews, whatever you want to call them is for better flavor and taste. Pouring that beer in a frosted glass is going to mask a lot of those flavors. Try it each way with the same bottle and see which has better flavor.

No need to compare I've had this beer many times as new belgium forces it into most of their sampler packs and it's about as unremarkable as many ipas. I'll take the cold one. It's far more valuable to me as a near frozen refresher on a hot day than bask in its bland with hops "flavor"

Last edited:
Top Bottom