What's new

Boker King Cutter

I have a number of questions about King Cutters and I'm hoping for some direction and ideas.

I recently purchased 4 used King Cutters off various sites and after a quick cleaning up I've been shaving with one for about 3 weeks.

My questions are, how can I clean corrosion with out removing the gold "King Cutter" on the blade and secondly, I've looked at Strazors and am lost with one of the razors. It doesn't have the typical square edges of the other King Cutters, the tree is similar to both the 1869 to 1900 and the 1900 to 1924 Stamps BUT it doesn't say Tree Brand or Trade Mark. Other than the Tree it simply says H. Boker & CO.

Any help would be very much appreciated, I'll post pics if needed.

Douglas

Well, not all the Kind Cutters have a square edge, there are also ones with a round edge.

The square edge of straight razor is also refered to as "Amerikanischer Kopf" (American head) in German. While the round edges are "Rundkopf" (Round head). Most of the ones that were sold in Germany have the round heads.

20181204_144322.jpg

[QUOTE="Schwabenchris

Thank you for this information, it's very enlightening and just a little exciting to find any part of the history of my razor.

Douglas

Top Bottom