What's new

Boar or Horse hair brush for outdoor jacket

I would like to dust off the dandruff from my outdoor winter jacket and wonder what kind of brush would be suitable for that?

Factors such as wear on the fabric (Wool: 50%, Polyester: 50%) and stiffness of bristles make me hold off to do more research.

I read that board hair is common, but also horse hair. I have found a horse hair for use on horses, I wonder if it will be reliable for my requirements:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Horse-brus...TF8&qid=1546653229&sr=8-9&keywords=coat+brush

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I think that any proper clothes brush will do the trick. The horse brush looks to me that it might be too stiff in the bristle department and may damage the fabric of the coat.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I looked at the link and I thought it looked like a brush that you use to actually brush a horse not clothing. My brother in laws mother has horses and it looks like a brush that she uses to brush her horses down. You could always contact the seller and see what it is actually used for. I could be totally wrong but that is what I saw when I looked at the brush in the link.

Your eyes do not deceive you, it is a horse brush. I just like the look of it and how it would feel when using it over a normal brush.

I wish I could find the seller, but HAAS seem to be impossible to find?!

I don't suppose you might be able to ask your brother-in-laws mother :)

Top Bottom