What's new

Blade Wars: Ladas Super Stainless vs. Shark Super Stainless

Blade Wars: Ladas Super Stainless vs. Shark Super Stainless

Ladas Super Stainless blades ($12.99 per hundred at Smallflower.com) are made in the Mostochlegmash factory in Moscow that makes Voskhod and Rapira. Shark Super Stainless blades ($16.50 per hundred at Smallflower) are made in Egypt by Lord.

Big thanks to @monkeyman who sent me both blades along with a generous sampling of other blades and soap. I’m really enjoying the shave sticks, Monkeyman. Thank you.

For the competition, I’ll use two identical Wet Shave Club chrome razors, shaving half of my face with each. I’ll mark the bottom of one razor with a black laundry marker so I can tell them apart, but won’t know which blade is in which razor. I’ll switch sides of my face each shave and try to keep everything similar, except for the blade.

Welcome back to the forum, @kluber, whose sense of humor may have gotten him beat up on three different continents, but always seems to add something interesting to these threads. :)

I’ve lost too much money on these threads.

I still remember when relatively unknown wizamet beat beloved pol silver SI in fall of ‘16 that cleaned me out, made me move out of the country, and go into hiding until the bookies cooled off. #kluber_unfollow.

Thanks for the welcome back. Cheers.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Great to see another blade wars with you doing the honors CW62803, I have been testing the Astra Superior Stainless and that is a excellent blade for a future Blade wars if you have not already tested it. Have a great day.

@cw62803 @Ron R

Not to get ahead of ourselves but i would also enjoy an Astra SS vs something .. maybe a Astra SP. Can’t remember if you’ve done an Astra SS before.

I have a few Astra SS blades left and could send em your way cw if you don’t have any.

Anyway back to ladas/shark.... when does it start?

@cw62803 @Ron R

Not to get ahead of ourselves but i would also enjoy an Astra SS vs something .. maybe a Astra SP. Can’t remember if you’ve done an Astra SS before.

I have a few Astra SS blades left and could send em your way cw if you don’t have any.

Anyway back to ladas/shark.... when does it start?
I've never tried Astra SS. I think I have a couple - I'll check.

Shave 1
black razor=right side of face, silver razor=left side of face.
Face lathered with Stirling Arkadia

Pass 1: Black was not very comfortable. There was a combination of prickle and tug. Silver was much more comfortable. It was smooth and seemed to glide quickly across my face.

Pass 2: Black dragged. Silver was smooth.

Pass 3: I was hesitant to to a third pass with black, as the first two weren't very comfortable. I was extra cautious about not applying pressure and had a smooth pass. Silver had more drag than black.

Advantage: I usually put more stock in the third pass than the others, but silver was so much more comfortable on the first two passes that is gets the nod.

Finished with some Barbasol Brisk with a tiny bit of added menthol and Nivea cooling sensitive balm. My face is frozen solid. Good, my house is full of teenagers. Maybe my frozen face will scare them.

Your shave with the black razor sounds like my shaves with Big Ben Super Stainless and Shark SCs. I feel 100% certain it's the Shark SS.

This should be an early round ko.

Great to see you back with another installment of Blade Wars @cw62803! Ikve been checking this forum once or twice a day for some time now hoping to see another.

I’ve been sent to the poorhouse too many times betting on these wars. I was surprised at how good Ladas was for me, but since I’ve never tried a Shark I’ll stay an interested spectator for this one. And bet the farm on Ladas to win in 3!

I’m quite sure I know which is which already. One of these blades really didn’t work for me, and one is a kind of sentimental favorite (if just an OK Shaver).

Shave 2
Face lathered with Maca Root
silver=right side, black=left side

Pass 1 - Silver was a little prickly. There was a small amount of drag. It was an acceptable, unexceptional pass.
Black had significantly more drag.

Pass 2 - Silver was O. K. It was a fairly smooth pass. Black was quite scratchy and uncomfortable.

Advantage: Silver

Ron R

Never have used either blade so the final results should be interesting.

proxy.php

Ron R

Silver looks like a landslide victory if it where politics> based on opinion!

Top Bottom