What's new

Blade Recommendations for Mild Razors

For me (always, always YMMV)--
- A sharp blade in a mild razor yields shaves that are both close and comfortable.
- I can't judge a blade until at least the 2nd shave with it, sometimes the 3rd or 4th. The 1st shave with just about any blade is no better than pretty good and can be really disappointing.
- Currently-available blades that are consistently sharp include Kai, Feather, German Wilk, Gillette black (India), GSB, and some other Russian blades. I'll use the blades I have, but I'm not buying anything Russian these days.
- BICs and Bolzanos are also sharp, but they've seemed harsh. In fairness, though, I haven't tried them recently.

My routine is to pick one tuck of each of two different blades and use the same razor for the life cycle of one blade from each tuck (about 15-20 shaves). Then I switch to a different razor and start over. Once I'm finished with the two tucks, I have a pretty good idea of how the blades work.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
A lot of us here have wasted/spent an enormous amount of time and money buying 50 razors and 50 brands of blades, trying out the mind-boggling combinations.
enablersrus.png
~doug~

Top Bottom