What's new

GIVEAWAY! Blade PIF for AUSTRALIA ONLY

Blade PIF for Australia only.

A sample pack of 27 different blades, total of 330 individual blades.

Open to all members living in postcodes on the Australian mainland plus Tasmania, and nearby islands (e.g. Tiwi, Magnetic, Great Keppel, Kangaroo, etc).

Will be open for two weeks, closing at midnight ACST on Thursday 30 May. Winner to be chosen by random pick.

If you want in then leave a comment saying ‘I am in’.

–––––––––

Blade List:

ACSO Orange (5)
Astra Superior Platinum (10)
BIC Chrome Platinum (5)
Big Ben Stainless (20)
Crown Super Stainless (20)
Derby Premium (5)
Dorco Klass Chromium Ceramic (5)
Feathers (5)
Gillette 365 (10)
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (5)
Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless Green (30)
Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge Yellow (5)
Gillette Minora Stainless Steel (25)
Gillette Nacet (20)
Gillette Perma Sharp (10)
Gillette Silver Blue (5)
Gillette Super Stainless 'Spoiler' (Australian, vintage, out of production) (1)
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (India 33, China 25)
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (Black 10)
JiLiFu (10)
Kai (1)
Personna Blue Comfort Coated Stainless Steel 'Lab Blues' (USA 10)
Rapira Platinum Lux (5)
Suneko (10)
Treet Platinum Super Stainless (10)
Voskhod (20)
Wizamet (10)

No, have not done that. Not member there or visit it. Barely knew of its existence to be honest, so didn't even cross my mind.

Will leave it for the weekend and see how it goes here. If not many more hands go up then will look at it.

No, have not done that. Not member there or visit it. Barely knew of its existence to be honest, so didn't even cross my mind.

Will leave it for the weekend and see how it goes here. If not many more hands go up then will look at it.
Would you consider splitting the blades to a couple of people. 330 blades is a lot for a single winner.

I'm in WA too. Amazing offer, might as well throw my hat in. I am in.

As for Paste-and-cut, I only just started going there late last year. Nowhere near as much traffic there, but there is a a good group of guys there. A few members have really helped me out. It was actually a member here at B & B (he's from Europe) that told me about a shaving forum in my own country. I wouldn't have know about it otherwise ;).

Also, I just ordered the GC 1.05-P to use for head shaving (I haven't tried any of the other GCs), how do you find the 1.05-P? I also have the Tile, but it's too mild for me/doesn't give me a great shave. What is the Mellon? Is that more aggressive?

Also, I just ordered the GC 1.05-P to use for head shaving (I haven't tried any of the other GCs), how do you find the 1.05-P? I also have the Tile, but it's too mild for me/doesn't give me a great shave. What is the Mellon? Is that more aggressive?
The Mellon is a open or double comb from Yaqi and is their stainless version of the zamak RazoRock SLOC. It is pretty aggressive, more than the 1.05 GC. You can find it on AliExpress.

The GC 1.05 is good, but not exactly a relaxing shave. You gotta pay attention. Same for the Mellon. Only used them a few times each, so early days, but I suspect blade choice is more important for them than for less aggressive razors.

I like the Tile. Very different shaving experience to the others. Took some practice to make it work well. The shaving angle is critical.

But I do keep coming back to the GC .84. Personally I would like RR to put out a .95 version. Adding a shim to the .84 works well for me.

Top Bottom