What's new

Blade Cost Per Year

At $.10 a blade, and shaving every 2-3 days, my rule is 2 uses & out. I like a fresh blade. At my age, with a stockpile of 700 IP Red and Astra SP blades, I won't live long enough to use them all. The cost of blades are insignificant compared to DE's, brushes & soaps. I probably have more loose change fall out of my pocket than I spend on blades a year.

Shaving 365 days a year and getting about 12 shaves a blade I'm at about 30 Feather blades per year.
At 25 cents a blade ($25 per 100 blades) I'm at $7.50 in blades per year.

Well I just got 400 blades for $18 and another 200 for $9, I shave every 3 days but only use a blade once. So 120 blades per year, roughly $5.

I have spent about $20 this year. However, this is the first year I have had to buy blades in 10 years. So now I have enough blades for the next ten years if I am still alive by then :). So I averaged about $2 a year since 2009.

Seems like a lot of people are missing the mark here. If I understand the OP here, it’s not how much you spent on blades this year.... it’s how much you spent on the blades you will use over a year’s time.

This will vary depending on the blades you use, and how long you use each one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I find blades hit their stride from day 5 to day 10. At the end of the first week it may seem like it might get iffy with some blades, but once my razor is cleaned, and the blade flipped, the shaves really smooth out the next week. I consistently get some of my best shaves on week two. There is not a change for the worse. This is even true with a Derby Extra in my Fatip OC.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
About $11 a year.

I use PolSilver SI and change blades after 5 days (daily shaver).

For me the answer is probably not enough to worry about.

I have a massive stash of blades, but I've settled on the Personna Lab Blues, one blade per week, resulting in a whopping $6.24 per year.

My story is a little strange. I have spent less than $15 for blades since 2010 when I started using DE razors most of those where samples. In 2010 I was living in Kentucky and going to state surplus auctions. Every 3 or 4 month they would have a large box of TSA confiscated razor blades that I would buy and then sell off the full packs and 100 packs. I would keep the rest. Moved from that state to Louisiana about 5 years ago. I 2016 our area had a massive flood and I lost several thousand blades that I had stored in the bathroom vanity. Along with everything else but that is a different story. Do not worry I had an assortment of other blades on the top shelf of my closet. I still have 2 to 3 thousands left I use about 125 a year, so I do not anticipating bought any blade in the for see able future.

. Do not worry I had an assortment of other blades on the top shelf of my closet. I still have 2 to 3 thousands left I use about 125 a year said:
oh well youll have enough left to leave a substantial legacy in your will when you pass . poor kid lol

Maybe 50 cents or so -- five or six blades, some of them less than ten cents each. Soap is more expensive, but not by much.

Seems like a lot of people are missing the mark here. If I understand the OP here, it’s not how much you spent on blades this year.... it’s how much you spent on the blades you will use over a year’s time.

This will vary depending on the blades you use, and how long you use each one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes this not an easy question to answer seeing all the variables involved in it. Just a rough estimate can be given. Much easier if one uses only one brand of blade I guess.

I have been hoarding recently, but a year's worth... I typically pay around $13 for 100 7'oclock blacks (my current favorite). I recently started switching them more frequently... Once a week. Thus, roughly half of a 100 pack, let's say $7 with tax, per year.

Blades are cheap, so even a blade a week isn't detrimental to the bank. [emoji846]

Hi guys. I’m curious, how much are you spending on blades on average for your blades in a years time? I know this might be a hard question to
answer because some blades cost more than others and we all use blades randomly according to our own changing habits. Just a good estimate is needed here . Or maybe a spreadsheet! Thanks in advance!

Razorhead
More the others, not as much as some...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Top Bottom