What's new

Blackland Vector vs Merkur 37c

Here i go again asking for comparisons...can anyone speak to a 37c vs a vector? Or really feather ss single edge razors in general? Ill admit I'm curious as to whether a single edge could finally beat out my slant and would love to have a beautiful heirloom quality razor. Of course ill live with the 37c as it is a good soldier but am just curious as to whether they are equally efficient or if one is better than the other! Thanks.

-Seth

I like them both. But, the Vector is a Mercedes, and the 37c is a Ford.
A reply! Lol. Appreciate the input my friend. Ive had no luck with anything other than a slant thus far. I was hoping the combination of the sharpness of a feather ac and the thickness of the blade would finally equal the slant. Which one is more comfortable to you? In terms of ease of cutting and efficiency that is

Here i go again asking for comparisons...can anyone speak to a 37c vs a vector? Or really feather ss single edge razors in general? Ill admit I'm curious as to whether a single edge could finally beat out my slant and would love to have a beautiful heirloom quality razor. Of course ill live with the 37c as it is a good soldier but am just curious as to whether they are equally efficient or if one is better than the other! Thanks.

-Seth
Of the Feather Artist Club razors, I have the non-folding SS type shavette. I use the Feather Pro Super in it, as this blade mimics the naked blade of a true SR the most. No other razor, DE or SE shaves as close. However, one wrong move, actually just a fraction of the move and there will be blood. And so... I am very, VERY seldom in the mood for this type of shaving experience. Let's say I prefer the "carefree" if not "careless" shave.

Vector is a potent razor. With OC plate it'll take a weeks growth in one WTG pass w/o a problem. With SB plate and mild blade, it's a wonderful BBS shaver, with intuitive angle and nimbleness no other razor can match.

Slants in general are not smth. I'm interested in, as I shave using Gillette Slide with all my razors. Never used the 37c.

Top Bottom