What's new

Blackland Vector Ti - No interest in any other DE/SE

I have been using my Blackland Vector Ti exclusively now for about 4 months. I am also a head shaver, so my shave routine has to cover quite a bit of area and comfortable DE's were always my go to, as I was more about a milder type of efficient shave. My interest in DE's departed once I started using the Vector and I haven't looked back since. This razor provides the smoothest and closest shave I have ever obtained from any razor and am very happy I have found one that works so well for me.

I was curious to hear from other Vector owners and if they have had similar experiences with theirs as I have with mine? The only other razor that will be on my radar for future purchase will be if Blackland hopefully offers the Vector Ti in an open comb version also, we shall see.

Have you used the SS version as well? If yes, is the Ti any milder than the SS.Asking because I ended up selling my SS Vector as it was a bit aggressive for me.

Have you used the SS version as well? If yes, is the Ti any milder than the SS.Asking because I ended up selling my SS Vector as it was a bit aggressive for me.
I did actually own the SS version as well, and owned it prior to owning the Ti. Although I enjoyed the performance of the SS version, once I tried the Ti version, I knew I wouldn't be using the SS version anymore and sold it. I was kind of uncertain at first of what I would think of the Ti version before I received it, as I am not a fan of light razors (Aluminum, etc.), but once I received it and felt the weight of it, it was perfect to me. Because I owned both versions, I can say, at regarding my personal preference, is that the Ti gives me a much better, pretty much perfect shave, with the weight and finish (machined). I know its a pretty significant price difference from the SS to the Ti version, but in my opinion it is very much worth it.

I absolutely enjoy my SS Vector. But I get a more effective shave with a Blackbird Ti. I am preparing to try out Feather Super Pros AC, which another forum member test suggests it might even up the playing field on efficiency.
I did own a SS Blackbird for awhile and although it was good, I found it to be fairly aggressive. I haven't tried the Ti Blackbird though, maybe I should. I think one of the things I love the most about the Vector is the large head which covers more ground per individual pass, plus the ease in those areas that are sometimes hard to get (behind ears, nose, etc.)

I like the weight of my stainless Vector but i am not shaving my head. This razor is tugging a little for me. I like lighter DE razors. My blackbird TI complements the Vector well.
I never liked the open comb plate on my Vector. I have considered rounding/chamfering the inside edges of the teeth. It seems to add a little efficiency, but it might also just be because it feels more aggressive.

I've had the SS Vector since Feb 2020 and it remains the only piece of shaving gear I've ever owned that I can guarantee I'll never sell. I have had zero desire to try the Ti version (I've used an artisan-made Ti handle, very Tradere'esque in style and matching the stock handle's dimensions, almost since Day One with my SS Vector head, & it is a very light, grippy and maneuverable shaver in this configuration), but am so glad to see Ti is giving others so much joy in use.

proxy.php

Offtopic: I keep eyeing the latest Blackbird Ti release, but my short run with the OG Blackbird, oh, maybe no more than 6 months after it was initially released, didn't go well for me, so not super motivated at the present time to give the Ti version a try.

Last edited:
Offtopic: I keep eyeing the latest Blackbird Ti release, but my short run with the OG Blackbird, oh, maybe no more than 6 months after it was initially released, didn't go well for me, so not super motivated at the present time to give the Ti version a try.

This is what returns are for! It’s been six years and the Blackbird Ti really is an entirely different razor. It’s definitely worth trying at some point if you can.

I received mine(Ti Blackbird) a couple of months back and absolutely adore it for it's looks and shave quality. Happen to try SS version too but found Ti better.

Sold my Vector SS recently and was intrigued by the thought of buying a Ti version, depending on how it differs in shave quality.

I am following the thread eagerly for more Ti Vector users to chime in. Thanks in advance.

I received mine(Ti Blackbird) a couple of months back and absolutely adore it for it's looks and shave quality. Happen to try SS version too but found Ti better.

Sold my Vector SS recently and was intrigued by the thought of buying a Ti version, depending on how it differs in shave quality.

I am following the thread eagerly for more Ti Vector users to chime in. Thanks in advance.
I loved the SS Vector at first go, but found it was too much for me for a daily shaver, no matter what blade. I tried for 5 months, because I liked the Vector so much. But it wasn't comfortable for me. My goal is never chasing babies' butts. Instead, I shoot for a Really Comfortable (daily) Shave that leaves me smooth without irritation, nicks, or white-knuckling the counter top!

Then Shane posted in his blog about how titanium changes the experience of the Blackbird. It is really worth finding that post and reading it. I decided that I needed to try a titanium Vector and posted a WTB in the bst section. An offer was made to me which I accepted and titanium made the Vector perfect for me! As someone stated above, this razor will not ever leave my kit. (Mine is the machined finish from a previous release. Still debating buying a stand for it!)

I used to think the Vector could not be beaten as a single edge razor. I even used to think it was just crazy talk if someone suggested that they liked another SE razor better. Eventually I found a couple of SE razors that overall I reluctantly had to admit I prefer to the Vector (the Claymore Evolution and the Stando Single Edge). And there are highly rated SE razors that I haven’t tried, so I guess you have to keep an open mind even though the Vector is a highly seductive thing.

There is still something very special about the Vector - the design is as groundbreaking and iconic in its way as a coke bottle or an old Apple desktop computer (those coloured ones). It is so neat and slim and beautiful, and it makes for the most nimble razor in the shaving world. I just found that some other SE razors exceed the Vector’s efficiency and feel smoother at the same time (for me), and they may have other great characteristics (like the way the Claymore glides and how balanced and controlled it feels to me). I have to be more careful when I shave with the Vector and I get great shaves and some occasional not great shaves with it, depending on my skin and hair condition and, presumably, my adeptness on the day.

So I think in the end there are very good options for SE razors and there is room for personal preference and varying mileage. The Vector is the most brilliant design in shaving equipment, I think (or maybe now the Lambda Athena is a contender), but it may or may not be the best SE razor for you.

Regarding material, I’ve done side-by-side shaves with the steel and titanium Vectors and my preference was very, very marginally for the Titanium. Taking price into account I would buy the steel one every time. The weight is a bit different but both weights feel really good, and the titanium head adds a slightly heightened sense of definition and precision, which I thought may be due to feeling the contrast in material between the head and the blade.

Last edited:
I loved the SS Vector at first go, but found it was too much for me for a daily shaver, no matter what blade. I tried for 5 months, because I liked the Vector so much. But it wasn't comfortable for me. My goal is never chasing babies' butts. Instead, I shoot for a Really Comfortable (daily) Shave that leaves me smooth without irritation, nicks, or white-knuckling the counter top!

Then Shane posted in his blog about how titanium changes the experience of the Blackbird. It is really worth finding that post and reading it. I decided that I needed to try a titanium Vector and posted a WTB in the bst section. An offer was made to me which I accepted and titanium made the Vector perfect for me! As someone stated above, this razor will not ever leave my kit. (Mine is the machined finish from a previous release. Still debating buying a stand for it!)
That is great that y pi u ha e found the same fit in the Ti Vector as I have. The stand definitely adds a nice touch. I am just waiting to see if they ever offer an open comb Vector Ti, I will be all over that.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I used to think the Vector could not be beaten as a single edge razor. I even used to think it was just crazy talk if someone suggested that they liked another SE razor better. Eventually I found a couple of SE razors that overall I reluctantly had to admit I prefer to the Vector (the Claymore Evolution and the Stando Single Edge). And there are highly rated SE razors that I haven’t tried, so I guess you have to keep an open mind even though the Vector is a highly seductive thing.

There is still something very special about the Vector - the design is as groundbreaking and iconic in its way as a coke bottle or an old Apple desktop computer (those coloured ones). It is so neat and slim and beautiful, and it makes for the most nimble razor in the shaving world. I just found that some other SE razors exceed the Vector’s efficiency and feel smoother at the same time (for me), and they may have other great characteristics (like the way the Claymore glides and how balanced and controlled it feels to me). I have to be more careful when I shave with the Vector and I get great shaves and some occasional not great shaves with it, depending on my skin and hair condition and, presumably, my adeptness on the day.

So I think in the end there are very good options for SE razors and there is room for personal preference and varying mileage. The Vector is the most brilliant design in shaving equipment, I think (or maybe now the Lambda Athena is a contender), but it may or may not be the best SE razor for you.

Regarding material, I’ve done side-by-side shaves with the steel and titanium Vectors and my preference was very, very marginally for the Titanium. Taking price into account I would buy the steel one every time. The weight is a bit different but both weights feel really good, and the titanium head adds a slightly heightened sense of definition and precision, which I thought may be due to feeling the contrast in material between the head and the blade.
Each shaver should experience a wide variety of razors to dial in exactly what works best for that individual.

My current AC razor rankings:
  • Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB
  • Blackland Razors Stainless Vector SB
  • Colonial Razors The General V2
  • Claymore Evolution
I have not yet tried the Stando SE, although its design reminds me of The General.

The Claymore Evolution rating is when it's paired with the Feather Pro Super blade.

Just my opinion. :)

Each shaver should experience a wide variety of razors to dial in exactly what works best for that individual.

My current AC razor rankings:
  • Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB
  • Blackland Razors Stainless Vector SB
  • Colonial Razors The General V2
  • Claymore Evolution
I have not yet tried the Stando SE, although its design reminds me of The General.

The Claymore Evolution rating is when it's paired with the Feather Pro Super blade.

Just my opinion. :)
Any comparative notes regarding your Vector SS and the Ti???

Top Bottom