What's new

Blackland Brass Blackbird 30% off

Not necessarily related the Era, but it is part of a shift in direction for the business, of which the Era is a part.

I managed to snag one of those last remaining Brassbirds -- it'll be my first Blackland razor and I'm very excited about it -- so I'll have to sit on the sidelines for at least a little while as the Era rolls out, but I will be following closely.

It sounds like this new production platform has a lot of flexibility to accommodate new designs (and even smaller runs). Is it safe to assume that the Era may just be the first of many such projects over the coming years?

Two 101mm Brassbird SBs left at Maggards, four 101mm OCs. Get one now or forever hold your peace (or just shop on BST I guess).

I uh....I kinda sprung for one of the 2 machined closed combs even though I have an OC on the way...and currently have a polished SB 😑

Kinda wanted to have all my bases covered before all Brass Birds sellout, I wanted to have a BB with a machined finish instead and thought I might like an OC more when I placed my first order, but then I figured since I currently have the means to have gotten the both of them I'd do so and once I've figured out which one is my "chosen" I'd sell what I don't want on BST...WHICH I WILL NOT MARK UP THE PRICE FOR....I'm not WCS, infact whatever I do wind up selling will be cheaper than what Maggard's is offering currently

Got mine in the mail today. It does look really nice. Can't wait to try it tomorrow. I had been thinking of buying some gun metal brass oxidizer to make it a "real" Blackbird if I keep it, but maybe I'll just let it naturally patina.

PXL_20210918_182515846.PORTRAIT_2.jpg

Got mine in the mail today. It does look really nice. Can't wait to try it tomorrow. I had been thinking of buying some gun metal brass oxidizer to make it a "real" Blackbird if I keep it, but maybe I'll just let it naturally patina.

View attachment 1330542

With the polished version I have currently, it didn't seem to take to getting a patina going, hence why I bought a similar product and forced it, which got me this:

20210918_122546.jpg

I'm really enjoying mine. At some point might seek a 80mm handle but that's about it.

I'll echo the exact same sentiment. The 85 mm handle would've been my first choice but it had already sold out, so I got the 101 mm instead. Truthfully the razor is really well balanced and I'm sure I will be more than happy using what I have moving forward, it's just that shorter-handled razors is what I had gotten used to and I'm finding my grip is a bit different as a result (the pinky finger doesn't rest in its customary spot).

Top Bottom