What's new

Black Shadow Slurry problem

Hey there,

I'm quite new here and got myself the Black Shadow stone for finishing my razors. But I've some real issue creating a light slurry. When I give to much pressure I get some slurry but I create scratches into the stone, aplying no pressure creates no slurry. Anyone got an idea how to use the stone to get a slurry without scratching the stone ?
My other question is, can I still use the stone with the scratches or do I harm my razors by using it now ?

Wish you all a nice weekend :)

Attachments

• 20230203_141543.jpg
    20230203_141543.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Okay, I never used it without slurry, but I only did 2 razor on it for now, so in future I don't make any slurry. Do you think I can still use the stone with those scratches ?

You can use some W&D to remove the scratches if they bother you. But they shouldn't be a problem.

I've experimented quite a bit with slurry on the BS. Diamond plate, the bout that comes with the stone, and nagura. Like @Wid I get best results without it. Water and a little lather is my favorite, but oil is quicker (I just prefer the feel of the lather mix).

Legion

Staff member
Great to hear that, I never used oil before, but I'll give it a try for sure :)
A little oil may soak in to the surface of the stone. That is absolutely no problem if you continue to use oil, but you will need to give it a little soak and clean with something like simple green if you want to go back to water, or the water will bead on the top. Not really an issue, but something to be aware of. I use most of my slates with oil.

Top Bottom