What's new

Bicycle Race

I'm surprised of all the threads, there's not one specifically about the Bicycle Race by Boker. I taken a liking to this SR most perhaps because of the etch/imprinting on the blade. I find it very appealing. I like the tip, the grind, and the "semi" shoulder-less profile.

Names like the Filarmonica No. 14 are always mentioned. There are quite a few others that get mentioned fairly regularly.

Is the Bicycle Race just a novelty in my mind with nothing particularly notable about it? I'm I finding a silk purse in a sow's ear?

Thanks as always, everyone!

It's not my cup of tea; the imprint is too "busy". But I can see how it would appeal to many.

bicycle-race.png

I think that it's a very nice razor. I've had no experience with Bokers having none in my collection.

If it fits your eye, put one in your stable.

Almost rescued one off eBay today, but my mentor insists I get this Myrsol Emulsion in Limon first. I've REALLY gotta cut the spending. I've been keeping my word about stones, not a cent spent there, but accoutremounts, not so much. :)

Nothing wrong with buying a razor made by a reputable maker because you think it's cool. You may, however, develop certain preferences over time and decide to sell some of the razors that you just had to have back when. Just don't overpay!

In February 2021, I was driving home from the doctor with my son - a rural area in NJ with blue sky and snow on the ground - and got to thinking about old Wade & Butcher near wedges and how cool it would be to buy one. Really glad I did*! Imagine laying on your death bed regretting about never shaving with one :-(.

*My first vintage Sheffield was actually a Wosty :).

Top Bottom