What's new

Bic Chrome Platinum

Good day all. I do not know what this says about the blade or my face but here are my results from my last two shaves with the Bic Chrome Platinum blade.

I am 55 years old. Have grey and Black Italian course hair.

Henson Mild (+)- Used Poraso Green in the tub. No weepers. took 4 passes and still had some buffing on 2 day stubble. No weepers or cuts. Mild irritation due to the buffing. Once my skin was dry and tightened back up i went over for touch up with my trusty 1 year old Panasonic shaver. Then I achieved BBS. Finished with Poraso Green aftershave and Lotion. Had some stinging in my trouble spots.

Merkur 42C (3 piece with hex handle)- 3 Day stubble. Used Poraso Red in the tube. Mild. No weepers or irritation. Took some buffing. Tad better than the Henson Mild (+). Finished with Poraso Red aftershave and Lotion. I really like this Sandalwood scent. I wish it lasted longer.

So far I like the blade itself. No tugging and no pulling. What does this say about the Blade razor? Too Mild? Maybe a better fit for the below?

Next up for this Blade are the Henson Medium (++) and Rockwell 6C with plate 4.

Have a good weekend Gents!

I think blades are the biggest variable factor in DE shaving, and certainly finding a good razor/blade combo is the goal, but at the end of the day it is technique that makes or breaks getting a good shave.
Try sticking with one razor and blade combo for 8-10 shaves and focusing on the shave - then change only one thing (either the blade or razor) .. after a few experiments you'll get a better idea of what works (or not) for your face.

I have great success with Bic Plats, absolutely love 'em! In my opinion they perform every bit as well as Feathers. But you aren't shaving my face, so as always -- YMMV.

I recently conducted an experiment to find the best blade for my Henson++. I did 4 full shaves each with Bic Chrome Platinum, Personna Lab Blue, Gillette Nacet Stainless, Gillette Silver Blue, Gillette PermaSharp, Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow, Wilkinson Sword (Germany), and Astra SP.

The Bics came in a close second to the Nacets for me. I have since completed 4 more full shaves with a Bic, and the results were just as stellar.

Good day all. I do not know what this says about the blade or my face but here are my results from my last two shaves with the Bic Chrome Platinum blade.

I am 55 years old. Have grey and Black Italian course hair.

Henson Mild (+)- Used Poraso Green in the tub. No weepers. took 4 passes and still had some buffing on 2 day stubble. No weepers or cuts. Mild irritation due to the buffing. Once my skin was dry and tightened back up i went over for touch up with my trusty 1 year old Panasonic shaver. Then I achieved BBS. Finished with Poraso Green aftershave and Lotion. Had some stinging in my trouble spots.

Merkur 42C (3 piece with hex handle)- 3 Day stubble. Used Poraso Red in the tube. Mild. No weepers or irritation. Took some buffing. Tad better than the Henson Mild (+). Finished with Poraso Red aftershave and Lotion. I really like this Sandalwood scent. I wish it lasted longer.

So far I like the blade itself. No tugging and no pulling. What does this say about the Blade razor? Too Mild? Maybe a better fit for the below?

Next up for this Blade are the Henson Medium (++) and Rockwell 6C with plate 4.

Have a good weekend Gents!
I still consider myself a new safety razor shaver. I was told safety razors were cheaper. :) Then I got on eBay and started going nuts finding vintage razors I wanted to try. I started with Derby Extra for costs alone. I then tried Feather. Now I am using Bic Chrome Platinum. My DNA combo is German / Native American hair. Very coarse, almost wiry and very fast growing. Feathers were great for the cut, but having to daily shave with it, 1. Irritation went up because of such an aggressive blade every day, and 2. Feathers are sharp but they dull very quickly. The Bic Chrome Platinum fills that gap nicely. Aggressive enough for my coarse hair, but at the same time they're durable, and are mild enough for less irritation. So now, I rotate for even less irritation. MWF I use a Gillette Super Speed with a BiC blade. For the in between days, I use a Viking Blade Chieftain with a Derby Extra. Now for head shaving I use a Holy Black SR-71 with a Bic Chrome Platinum every two days. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom