What's new

Best winter scent ever? Nuavia Rossa

To me, this soap has the best winter scent I've smelled in a soap. It's like walking in a pine forest on a rainy day.

The scent oozes quality. I can't say the same about most artisanal made products with winter or seasonal scents.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

After two passes:
proxy.php

Just a lovely Italian soap.

Everything with this product is great, from start to finish, from the beautiful ceramic bowl to the amazing post-shave feel.

Last edited:
For the past couple of weeks, I've been debating whether I should get SV Felce Aromatica Beta 4.3 or Nuavia Blue, I've been using a sample of the former a few times with impressive results. However, the more I look at the photos of the explosive lather, the more I'm inclined to buy Nuavia.

Thanks for your kind words.

I really enjoy using this great soap.

Blu is also excellent. Its scent is an all year round one, while Rossa has a mostly winter vibe.

I have been looking at trying Nuavia but the high price tag is just a little hard to swallow. I went through the "must try MdC" thing a couple years ago and even though recouped most of my money it wasn't worth it. I thought my cheap puck of VDH luxury performs as good as MdC and to me SV out performs that. I always like trying new things but would hate to be disappointed with Pc Nuavia like I was with MdC. If I can get rid of some of the soaps/creams I currently don't use much I might put that towards a container Nuavia later this year.

I have been looking at trying Nuavia but the high price tag is just a little hard to swallow. I went through the "must try MdC" thing a couple years ago and even though recouped most of my money it wasn't worth it. I thought my cheap puck of VDH luxury performs as good as MdC and to me SV out performs that. I always like trying new things but would hate to be disappointed with Pc Nuavia like I was with MdC. If I can get rid of some of the soaps/creams I currently don't use much I might put that towards a container Nuavia later this year.

Shavedash.com sells a 7.5 gram of Nuavia for around 3.25 British Pounds, you might want to try a sample before investing in the soap, I'll probably order a sample.

I understand the disappointment of unmet expectations. I'm sorry MdC, one of my favorites, failed you. Nuavia Blu and Rosso are also two of my favorites (although Verde is less interesting to me, scent-wise). One solution is to locate a sample, to allow a few test drives without being all in. Does anyone sell Nuavia samples?

Nuavia Rosa smells amazing. One of the more refined well made scents IMO and scent strength is strong which is perfect for this type of scent. Have not experienced any of the other Nuavia flavors, but PC certainly has come a long way from their original line.

Shavedash.com sells a 7.5 gram of Nuavia for around 3.25 British Pounds, you might want to try a sample before investing in the soap, I'll probably order a sample.

Samples might be worth a try. Just checked them out and 2 samples, 1/4 oz each, shipped to the US come to just under $13 total. Thanks for the tip. I might try that.

I understand the disappointment of unmet expectations. I'm sorry MdC, one of my favorites, failed you. Nuavia Blu and Rosso are also two of my favorites (although Verde is less interesting to me, scent-wise). One solution is to locate a sample, to allow a few test drives without being all in. Does anyone sell Nuavia samples?

MdC wasn't really a failure to me. It was a nice soap, easy to lather. It had a drying feeling that I didn't like. I just personally thought it was overpriced and too much hype. Sample located and will possibly try them.

I got a Rossa sample from shave dash.
It smells like a complex scent to me but in all honesty it is so weak that I can't smell it unless I bury my nose right down to the soap sample. I used a synthetic brush on purpose and it was ok. Needed more work with a Boar and with shave feel I am hard pressed to say that this surpassed the likes of GD, WK and B&M.
An 'A' grade but no A+ here for me.

Top Bottom