What's new

Best way to open a stick of ARKO

The best way to open a stick of Arko!....

1695330197825.gif

When I saw this post, I thought what a lot of rubbish. However, I recently bought a couple of sticks and see the problem, what a funny wrapper!
Anyway, I pressed the stick into a tobs cream container, and lathered directly for a minute. What a lovely lot of rich lather. No wonder arko has a huge following. Maybe a rose scent would be nice, Bulgaria next door to Turkey makes lovely rose oil.

On the few occasions I used Arko! I removed all the wrapper, sliced it into pieces like a banana, and used the pieces in my lathering bowl like I use bath soap scraps.

I usually just peel the wrapper down about half way if I’m gonna use the stick to face lather. Recently I mashed a stick into a small steel bowl to try loading arko from the bowl. Works well but I still prefer using arko as a shave stick directly on the face.

OK, on a serious note then ...:
I just unwrap the whole thing all at once. Because, I have made a habit of using the whole side of a stick, instead of just the tip of a stick. This is whether I face lather, or load the brush on the stick. Much faster than just using the tip. A further nice side effect is that a stick of Arko will quickly fit into my stick container (the stainless steel PILS) when I grind a bit off the whole side this way.
This has been my routine way of using Arko for years in fact. I am planning to start using Tabac sticks this way too, although a stick of Tabac is quite a bit thicker. It's going to take more use of this kind before it will fit into my PILS stick container.
A final note: opening the stick this way also "airs it out" more efficiently. Whether Arko or Tabac, I like it when the scent is just a little less overwhelming than right out the the wrapper.

Does anyone use only arko? I'm loving the creamy lather when I press it into the bottom of an odd soap tub and lather brush for a minute,

Top Bottom