What's new

Best toothbrush for extra sensitive gums

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I have sensitive gums that are prone to inflammation and bleeding.

Sonicare has been a godsend for me. I’ve stopped my receding gum line. I can use the normal setting with normal heads now and I can floss without bleeding (with extra thick floss). I don’t use a back and forth brushing motion. It’s a very very slow single pass along the gum lines with no pressure and let the brush do the work.
Curious, do you go to periodontist? I go to a great one. He re-taught me how to brush my teeth and floss properly to benefit my gums. I take his advice and have had perfect checkups for the last 3 years or so. No bleeding, pain, or recession. My gums have atually improved. Gum disease is strong in my family, runs rampant.

Curious, do you go to periodontist? I go to a great one. He re-taught me how to brush my teeth and floss properly to benefit my gums. I take his advice and have had perfect checkups for the last 3 years or so. No bleeding, pain, or recession. My gums have atually improved. Gum disease is strong in my family, runs rampant.
No. My dentist is just a dentist. He’s the one that turned me on to Sonicare.

I just kind of accepted that I had “bad genetics”, was going to lose my teeth and didn’t take oral hygiene as seriously as I should of, until the process of losing my teeth started in my early 30’s.

My family history isn’t good, I think a better characterization of my oral health is that I lack resilience. If I stay on top of things, I have few problems. Things decline quickly.

Nimbus toothbrushes are the absolute best soft toothbrushes. Just phenomenal to use. I wish they made electric heads and am probably going to dremel one to work with my electric to see how it goes.

It's a really good toothbrush, it's lured me away from my electric toothbrush much of the time because it works so well and has eliminated my gingivitis. I just had to up my manual dexterity to learn to do good manual circular motions.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
My sensitive gums benefitted from the use of an electric toothbrush as well as inter dental cleaning using flossing tape and a TePe brush. I tried toothpastes intended for sensitive gums with limited success but the biggest benefit I have found by far is by doing a weekly 60 second rinse with a strong home made saline solution. My dentist and hygienist both confirmed that it was fine to continue doing this on an ongoing basis.

Top Bottom