What's new

best splash for summer

Hello gents What are the best aftershave for summer?
I'm looking for an aftershave for the summer with a cool feeling (menthol)
*I already have the Aqua Velva ice blue and proraso green so offer other aftershave
It is important to me that the price be low up to $ 35 because after all it is only aftershave :)

Speick
CaD or The Beach by PAA
Fine American Blend
Epsilon blue
Stirling deep blue sea
Henri et Victoria Nautilus

Can’t go wrong with any of those for summer.

Also, any of the Fine aftershaves have menthol in them. I've been wanting to try them. Their Barber Blue and American Blend as well as their Italian Citrus or L'Orange Noir would be great for summer.

I also recommend FINE aftershaves. They all perform great for me. The Barber blue is a nice summertime scent.

But honestly you have Aqua Velva! What more could you need! 😜 🧊 🧊

Hello gents What are the best aftershave for summer?
I'm looking for an aftershave for the summer with a cool feeling (menthol)
*I already have the Aqua Velva ice blue and proraso green so offer other aftershave
It is important to me that the price be low up to $ 35 because after all it is only aftershave :)
So I don't know if it's going to be produced but I am currently evaluating the re-formulated Captain's Choice eucalyptus/spearmint sample I received and although not menthol it has a nice cooling effect, a nice smell, and some moisturizing for the skin.

IMG_3508.jpeg

Menthol splashes….. Osage Rub and Skin Bracer are nice affordable choices. A nicer, yet more expensive splash that I recently found, is Myrsol K. Wow!

Osage Rub - kinda cold nothing special scent wise and cheap.
Aqua velva ice sport - smells like a great aquatic for a few bucks, but can't feel the menthol really, so add a few menthol crystals.
Stirling glacials or regular - I don't find to be too strong, Can be any aftershave they carry too if direct from stirling.
B&M Terror - Synthetic menthol the longevity is crazy. Fades to less strong after a while, but can still feel sometimes next day. Feels weird cooling on eyes, nose etc if you accidentally touch, but no harm done.
Cryogen - coldest I have tried.

As others mentioned, Fine Accouterments. Italian Citrus, and Barber Blue work for me.
Stirling Lemon Chill is really nice.

If I pick up an aftershave without menthol, like D.R. Harris Arlington, Pinaud Gent's Gin, or Crown Shaving, I will add my own. I live in Charleston, SC, and it tends to get a bit sticky and hot, so I welcome menthol.

I have a bottle of B&M Arctique which Terror may have replaced, but that, along with CF Cryogen, are both great chillers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom