What's new

Best Sandalwood Aftershave?

Time and time again I find myself purchasing aftershaves and colognes, but in the end I always come back to the sandalwood scent that I've been hooked on for quite some time...

I've found that Art of Shaving's Sandalwood is good, but not great, and was hoping that the B&B community could provide me with some advice as to their own favorite brands for sandalwood scents.

I won't be much help. I find AOS Sandalwood intoxicating. I love it so much I sometimes will dab a little on the backside of my hand before bed so that I can smell it as I fall asleep.

I won't be much help. I find AOS Sandalwood intoxicating. I love it so much I sometimes will dab a little on the backside of my hand before bed so that I can smell it as I fall asleep.

Heh, I tend to do the same with my Tom Ford for Men cologne...bit of a waste I know but it just smells so good!

Regarding The Nid Hog's post about SCS Sandalwood splash, are you familiar with any B&M stores that sell it or can it only be purchased online?

Another vote for SCS Sandalwood splash! I also have the aftershave cream and it is excellent as well. With a scent like that I don't feel the need to search for another sandalwood scented aftershave.

Another vote for SCS Sandalwood splash! I also have the aftershave cream and it is excellent as well. With a scent like that I don't feel the need to search for another sandalwood scented aftershave.

Okay, so it seems SCS may be the way to go :)

Any tips on where to find it to try it out first? I saw their website, but it didn't make any mention of it being sold in any stores...also I noticed they sell an aftershave cream as well, do you have any experience using this?

SCS Sandalwood (the non-EO version) has lots of skin-nourishing goodies, but may not be what the die-hard "sandalwood and sandalwood only" enthusiast may be after. In my opinion, the scent is rendolent of baked goodies as opposed to real Sandalwood EO. Not saying it's bad, but a sandalwood purist may be a wee bit disappointed.

YMMV.

Heh, I tend to do the same with my Tom Ford for Men cologne...bit of a waste I know but it just smells so good!

Regarding The Nid Hog's post about SCS Sandalwood splash, are you familiar with any B&M stores that sell it or can it only be purchased online?

I don't think you'll find it in any stores--you have to order it directly from Wendy. I have the regular sandalwood splash and I think it's fantastic.

I have the splash and the cream and both work great. The cream is especially nice during the winter. A little goes a long way with this stuff. I have quite a few of her aftershave milks and creams and really like them all.

:thumbup:

Taylor's has a great one too, sweeter but very nice as well.

Yep, Taylor's Sandalwood is very good... definitely an old-school variety of Sandalwood. :thumbup1:

1 vote for Ogallalla Bay Rum & Sandalwood. I can't even smell the bay rum over the delicious sandalwood.

:thumbup1:

Ogallala's BR&S is one I get lots of compliments on as well. I get more Bay Rum than Sandalwood, but regardless, the combination works quite well with my body chemistry.

I use AOS Sandalwood ASB in the winter (sorry!) and I like just using Trumper's Sandalwood Skin Food in the summer.

I get more Bay Rum than Sandalwood, but regardless, the combination works quite well with my body chemistry.
That's funny because I actually add a little more of their Double Strength Bay Rum to the Sandalwood blend because the combination does work so well together.

Either way, good stuff! :thumbup:

PS- Try their Sandalwood & Bay Rum Soap.

Top Bottom