What's new

Best non-alcoholic beer?

None better and none more refreshing than an ice cold Krombacher Weizen Alkoholfrei! I prefer it to all beers containing alcohol.

You'll enjoy Clausthaler if you like the Heinekin NA. O'Doul's Amber isn't bad in a pinch, or even O'Doul's for that matter, but I'm sure you've already tried those. If you can get to a BevMo or a Total Wine store, check out Erdinger. It's a wheat beer NA that's decent. If you can find them, I've heard Nanny State, Weihenstphaner, and Franziskaner all make good NAs, though I've never been able to find them myself.

I used to enjoy sipping whiskey as well before I quit drinking. I've recently found Kombucha on the rocks with a splash of ACV to be a nice replacement for that. Doesn't taste the same by any means, but it fills the void a bit.

And congrats on the successful cessation. Going on 7 years myself.

I've tried Erdinger, Weihenstphaner, and Franziskaner, and Erdinger is the best in my opinion. A couple of friends have backed me up on that.

If you're into IPA then nanny state is pretty good too. Not my thing unfortunately.

I haven't had NA beer, but back in the day I had something called Chelsea and it was a lemon, low alcohol brew. It was incredibly nasty, but my friend and I drank every can in the 12 pack.

I can never seem to find it anywhere.

I'm fortunate in the UK, most supermarkets will carry two out of the three low alcohol wheatbeers. I find that style is more robust against the alcohol removal process - I've never had a decent low alcohol stout or porter, and lagers are touch-and-go.

Top Bottom