What's new

Best new cigar you’ve tried this year

Without a doubt the best new stogie I’ve tried this year - in a few years even - is the Aladin from Julio Eiroa of Camacho fame (before they were sold to Davidoff). It has a corojo wrapper but isn’t as spicy as you may expect, and also uses their hybrid leaf that made the older Liberty blend taste so good. I’m a lover of Nicaraguan tobacco but this Honduran puro has been my go to smoke since I discovered it a few weeks ago. Medium body and full of that unique flavor that only the Eiroas have. It really is a fantastic cigar.

So, what is your favorite new or just new to you cigar you’ve tried this year?

The year is still young but so far one I really enjoyed was a AJ Fernandez Last Call in Maduro

@Claudel Xerxes - Ikd have to say Pepin/My Father are my favorite brand, so many good blends. I just enjoyed an LADC last night but tonight I was back to the Aladino.

@kcore - I just had one of those a week or two ago, and yes it is a very nice smoke. AJ has some some good blends in his stable.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Don't know if you call it a cigar, but had a Black & Mild Tuxedo the other night. Seemed smooth enough.

Well, since the thread title doesn't specify a year. :)

So far this year Flor de Oliva Corojo Torpedo. Though I will be trying other Corojos to further my experience.

Well, since the thread title doesn't specify a year. :)

So far this year Flor de Oliva Corojo Torpedo. Though I will be trying other Corojos to further my experience.

I’m a huge fan of Don Pepin’s blue label. It has a delicious corojo wrapper and packs a pretty good punch.

Padron 5000 Maduro new to me and very tasty

You can’t go wrong with Padron!

So far the best new cigar I’ve tried this year is the Eiroa CBT maduro. The Eiroa’s owned Camacho before selling the brand to Davidoff, who ruined most of the blends. The CBT (capa banda tripa, or wrapper binder filler) *probably* is the original Camacho triple maduro, and the robusto is remarkable. The 60 gauge not so much... stick with the smaller sizes on this one. I prefer Nicaraguan tobacco but this Honduran is a real gem.

Never met a Don Pepin blended cigar I didn't like. The guy is a master!

You, sir, have excellent taste in cigars. I was introduced to Pepin’s blends maybe 13 years ago, that’s when I went from being a cigar smoker to a cigar lover.

You, sir, have excellent taste in cigars. I was introduced to Pepin’s blends maybe 13 years ago, that’s when I went from being a cigar smoker to a cigar lover.
You know he blended the cigars for Tatuaje? Also it was rumored that he did the Famous #3000 series cigars as well. They sure tasted like his stuff. I don't know if Famous Cigars is still using his blends or not.

He also blended the cigars for Illusione I believe. He is a busy guy.

You know he blended the cigars for Tatuaje? Also it was rumored that he did the Famous #3000 series cigars as well. They sure tasted like his stuff. I don't know if Famous Cigars is still using his blends or not.

He also blended the cigars for Illusione I believe. He is a busy guy.

I knew he blended the Tats which are some of the best aging domestic cigars one can buy IMO. I wasn’t aware of the Famous #3000 series, it sounds like I missed out. He blended a corojo “cuban sandwich” for Cigar.com as a house blend several years back. Off the truck not too good, after 6-12 months it was by far the best mixed filler I’ve ever smoked and rivaled many long filler corojo vitolas. Illusione are great cigars, I didn’t know he blended theirs. The mj12 maduro is one of my favorite maduros made.

I knew he blended the Tats which are some of the best aging domestic cigars one can buy IMO. I wasn’t aware of the Famous #3000 series, it sounds like I missed out. He blended a corojo “cuban sandwich” for Cigar.com as a house blend several years back. Off the truck not too good, after 6-12 months it was by far the best mixed filler I’ve ever smoked and rivaled many long filler corojo vitolas. Illusione are great cigars, I didn’t know he blended theirs. The mj12 maduro is one of my favorite maduros made.
They are one of my favs too. I believe Don Pepin also was involved with the 601 Blues. Those were excellent cigars although I haven't had one in years.

Top Bottom