Best Maple Yet ?

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I know , that's what I was thinking
Or maybe a Guitar with a nice rosewood neck

I feel like a Treasure hunter or a Miner
Finding new veins of precious Gems or something
This one has it all for Me , spalting ,wormholes and really clean Maple grain
I am sorry if I post to many Handles but I am gearing up for the Sue Auction and trying to have a few really nice Handles for it.View attachment 987541 View attachment 987542 View attachment 987543 View attachment 987544 View attachment 987545

What a wonderful handle full of character.

Sealing up the holes with resin would really add some sparkle to it.

Love your handles Steve!

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I feel like a Treasure hunter or a Miner
Finding new veins of precious Gems or something
This one has it all for Me , spalting ,wormholes and really clean Maple grain
I am sorry if I post to many Handles but I am gearing up for the Sue Auction and trying to have a few really nice Handles for it.View attachment 987541 View attachment 987542 View attachment 987543 View attachment 987544 View attachment 987545
You never cease to amaze me, but I can say without question that I think that is the best handle you've put out yet. Almost looks like part wood, part resin. Just wow! Sincerely, Dave

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Hey Larry here's one for you
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190608180512152_COVER.jpg

Graydog

Biblical Innards
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190605122204943_COVER.jpg
I will work with the first handle fine tune the shape ,sand and drill the hole .then I will finish it and then part it off.
Go to the next in line .
I just did a double that way and it turned out great.
I didn't start out to do it this way it just happened and I felt like making a shape
Instead of sanding :)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
View attachment 988853 I will work with the first handle fine tune the shape ,sand and drill the hole .then I will finish it and then part it off.
Go to the next in line .
I just did a double that way and it turned out great.
I didn't start out to do it this way it just happened and I felt like making a shape
Instead of sanding :)
Is this the first time you've done it this way? What I would call a "two-fer"? Just curious. Hard to believe that is from one piece of wood isn't it? I'd be happy with the looks of either, though almost a polar difference in the two.

Top Bottom