What's new

Best low cost shaving creams.

On the first day of Christmas, my SWMBO gave to meeee.........

a tube of Arko menthol,
a tube of Lord menthol,
a stick of Arko soap,
but no partridge in a... well, you get the idea.

The Arko is very very good and lathers well. The Arko soap is very soapy smelling but works well. It is more water-hungry than C.O. Bigelow's Proraso. The Lord menthol was thrown into SWMBO's order as a freebie and it's very good for a freebie. I have hurt my left hand at work and lately I've been shaving with the Lord cream since it's easier to use than a soap one-handed.

My synopsis: buy the Arko and Lord creams. They're a great value. Try the Arko stick at least once.

I picked up some Jason beard therapy gel.
They changed the bottle and upper the price to about $10 for 8oz .
.. this bottle will easily last me two years or more.

I don't mow if this counts as a 2012 purchase ...
because I ordered it in December.
The health food store has to specialize it now,
and it takes about a week now to get to the store.

Derby cream can be had for under $2 a tube if buying in bulk and it whips to a nice lather like nobody's business. The scent isn't as good as some of the top creams but you'll end up paying 10x as much for one of the 3 T's.

How long have you had that cream? I think they made some changes in the formula and now are their creams are paraben and SLS free. I could be mistaken though.
No, you are right, no more parabens in KMF.

So in the US my choice would be KMF and here in Europe Palmolive.

I bought some lemon scented Derby because of the reviews I had read and the price. I think it's a good cream with a pleasant fragrance. It was around $5 shipped from ebay, but you can get it far cheaper if you buy in bulk.

+1 Palmolive classic is the best value cream I have found thus far.

+1 You can't beat Palmolive Classic when bought in Europe. It offers excellent value for money, lathers up beautifully and IMO has a pleasant smell. Just bought two 100ml tubes today, only €1.49 each.

I find it to be MUCH harder to lather than Proraso and Arko.

That surprises me. I've not used Poraso cream before, but I just bought some RSC cream and it lathered up like crazy for me. I had tons of lather in seconds and it performed wonderfully (and this was in a motel which probably had hard water). I was going to buy a tube of T&H cream, but after using RSC, I find there's no need unless I decide I just can't live without one of the T&H scents.

The new Proraso shaving cream line contains no SLS or parabens. From all reports, it performs as well as the classic Proraso shaving cream, which is very good indeed.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Real Shaving makes some very good creams.

Those are made by Creightons, said to be the manufacturer of some very high ended branded creams.

FWIW, I've picked up 150 ml tubes of Real Shaving Cream at RiteAid Drugs for less than $5 each on special (and with the use of RiteAid's Discount Card.)

Damn nice cream.

Top Bottom