What's new

Best Lavender Cream?

I've been wet shaving now for almost a year. I've explored (thanks to Scotto's samples) a wide variety of shaving cream scents and have come to the realization that while there are some wonderful blended scents out there, (Speick, Trafalgar, GFT, Musgo Real are some favs) I simply LOVE the scent of real lavender. AOS Lavender was the unguent that reminded me of this. It has the sharp, piney smell of real lavender EO. I like its moisturizing and lubricating qualities as well. I don't think it's as good as Musgo or Proraso for lubricating but a lot better than many I've tried.

So my question is: what are people's favorite lavender creams, that combine a real lavender scent with meringue cream, and excellent lubricating, moisturizing and beard softening qualities? I'm particularly curious about offerings from smaller places like Mama Bear, Saint Charles Shave, and QED.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The Harris is great, but I find the AOS to be the best of them all.

I have to say I'm not one for the Taylors. I can barely smell it and it seems to dry out pretty quick. The tub of Taylors Sandalwood that I purchased at the exact same time still explodes every time I open it and shaves great. Perhaps I got a bad batch or something, but I for one wont be buying TOBS lavender again.

I've only tried two: TOBS and DR Harris. I traded away the TOBS tub 'cause I didn't really find the scent appealing. DR Harris, OTOH, has been a keeper for me. It lathers beautifully, and the lavender scent is tops.

Castle Forbes - expensive but wonderful fragrance and lather. If you want to treat yourself and like lavender, you have to try it.

I've only tried AOS, but love the scent and cannot imagine a lavender more vibrant or invigorating. It whips up into a great lather, too.

I have Taylor, AOS, and KMF. Even the KMF is not bad, but a little faint of scent. When I use the Taylor's, I think "gee, this is the best Lavender ever!" and when I use AOS, I think "Gee, this is the best Lavender ever!". :biggrin: As usual, YMMV. There are a lot of very good Lavender's out there!!!

Top Bottom