What's new

Best facial wash/scrub under $50?

Clinique scrub daily in the shower. Been using it daily for nearly 40 years. Cost in the upper teens and readily available.

I've been using most of the drug store brands, mainly Bull Dog Grooming's line of facial products and it's just not working for me. I really don't feel like my face/beard is getting cleaned or softened. It's about $8 for either 5 oz tube so while I'm not breaking the bank, I'm also not seeing/feeling the effects of the product.

I used to use Lab Series back in the day when I used to shop at Macy's stores, but never felt they worked for me either. I'm going to shell $200 each of Tom Ford's line of skin care products. They're overpriced to me.

I have been using a product that was recommended on here almost 10 yrs ago!! Nancy Boy. Bottle is not expensive and product works great. I use it in shower.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I recommended this over at another thread and I find it cleans the face gently and cleans and hydrates the whiskers.
A bar of this soap is not that expensive and with a shave brush it seems to last and last and I'm one of these days going to try shaving with it.

Interesting Thread, I have been using CeraVe hand bar soap for last 7-8 months and have nothing but good things to say. It is a gentle cleanser that I use for mostly cleaning my eye area because I suffer from bouts of dry eye certain times of the year. I found that if I brush wash my whole face it actual softens and cleans my whiskers also and makes shaving easier. I'm still on my same bar of soap because it is amazing what a shaving brush will lather this soap up like (you need very little )and it feels good and I have not had any issues with dry eye either. If you have not washed your whole face with a soft shave brush you are missing a very enjoyable experience with no soap burn to the eyes and a healthy face feel IMO. This Soap also has Hyaluronic acid in it's formula.

CeraVe 2 (2).jpg

CeraVe 3 (2).jpg

I brush wash my whole face with this stuff and enjoy it. They claim amazing good results that I agree with!

CeraVe 1 (2).jpg

Ingredients list, not sure about all these different chemicals but the soap is gentle to my face. Hydrating the whiskers is important for close shave.
Have some great shaves!
Definitely on my "got-to-try" list, as I've had such great results from CeraVe Moisturizing Cream as an A/S balm.

Top Bottom