What's new

Best Creed Green Irish Tweed Inspired Soap?

I've tried QCS and perhaps another, but the closest soap to GIT cologne is, well, GIT soap!
Amazing scent, fully acceptable (albeit not stellar) performance.
Go for it, we only live once!

creed green irish tweed shavemac kai october 21 2018.jpg

I have WSP Gaelic Tweed and Lisa's Natural Green Irish Tweed. I love the WSP scent - one of my favorites. Lisa's scent is OK, but I like WSP better. I have never tried Creed GIT, so I do not know how close the soaps are to the original scent.

From a performance standpoint, I give Lisa's new formula as slight edge over WSP.

I've tried QCS and perhaps another, but the closest soap to GIT cologne is, well, GIT soap!
Amazing scent, fully acceptable (albeit not stellar) performance.
Go for it, we only live once!

View attachment 957174
I had no idea their shaving soaps were so expensive! ($125 for 3.8oz)
I guess I shouldn't be surprised. But for that price, I'd rather save a little more and get myself a Timeless razor :)

I had no idea their shaving soaps were so expensive! ($125 for 3.8oz)
I guess I shouldn't be surprised. But for that price, I'd rather save a little more and get myself a Timeless razor :)

Aw, c’mon on, Sir Symptomatic!
That’s less than cost of track lap time for your Formula race car!
Or, PM me and I’ll happily mail you sliver with compliments!

Creed makes an expensive GIT soap. As a GIT wearer for over 20 years, I can attest to the fact that The Wickham smells pretty decent
You convinced me. I love Wickham Soap Co 1912 soaps and West Coast Shaving just got some of Wickham's 1912 Shamrock Tweed in. I pulled the trigger on the soap and the aftershave balm. Very reasonable prices too.

For those who have tried WSP Gaelic Tweed and Mystic Waters Irish Tweed, are you able to detect a difference in the scent?

It's funny that this thread was resurrected today. I am embarking on a task to review every Green Irish Tweed scent I can get my hands on. I'll be using nothing but GIT scented soaps the entire month of March, culminating in a best of video on my YouTube channel when I'm finished.

3 that I've owned for a while
  • Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
  • Catie's Bubbles Celtic Knot
  • WSP Gaelic Tweed
3 I picked up last month that I've been saving for this 'event'
  • Razorock Irish Countryside
  • Central Texas Soaps Irish Flats
  • Murphy & McNeil Crann Bethadh
7 more are waiting to be unboxed
  • Mystic Water Irish Traveller
  • MERshaving Banshee's Breath
  • Ginger's Garden Green Irish Tweed Type
  • Wet the Face The Quiet Man
  • Van Yulay Green Irish Tweed
  • Cut A Swell Tweed
  • Saint Meinrad Archabby Irish Tweed
2 should be arriving this week
  • Wickham Shamrock Tweed
  • Beer Soap Company Ireland Tweed
1 I'll be buying as soon as it's released this month
  • PAA Tweed!
2 that I've used in the past but no longer have
  • K Shaveworks Twisted Kilt
  • Mama Bear's Dublin Tweed
3 that I know of that I haven't been able to get my hands on
  • Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations (sent her an IM, she's adding it to the list for her next batch)
  • Viking Soaps Hedeby (Sent them an email, but haven't gotten a response yet)
  • Creed Green Irish Tweed (I wouldn't spend $125 on this even if it was available. Anyone want to send me a sample?)

@gwsmallwood Wow. You’re not messing around:). I look forward to reading your reviews!
I really never fell down the software Rabbit Hole. I had only bought a handful of soaps over the years, and everything else came to me via PIF or gift. I started the YouTube channel in December and my wife started enabling me a bit. Since I've always loved this scent profile, and I've never seen a comprehensive "I've tried them all" type of review, I decided it would be a good investment of my time and money.

Wet the face quiet man is on my list to try........I really have fallen in love with their sport of kings soap, I've been burning through the container, it's a great soap and it's affordable, I can only imagine that their quiet man probably smells banging.

Wet the face quiet man is on my list to try........I really have fallen in love with their sport of kings soap, I've been burning through the container, it's a great soap and it's affordable, I can only imagine that their quiet man probably smells banging.
I'll let you know what I think of the scent soon. I'm still waiting on a couple of packages, but if they don't come tomorrow, I'll probably go ahead and do the mail call video without them.

For those who have tried WSP Gaelic Tweed and Mystic Waters Irish Tweed, are you able to detect a difference in the scent?

To answer my own question, there are differences. Both are great scents and are unmistakably Irish Tweed. When lathered they do open up a little differently.

Top Bottom