What's new

Best Boar brushes?

Semogue and some Omegas. I recently got a Semogue SOC boar which is really really good and not even fully broken in yet.

Yea I had a Semogue and the one I had was meh, YMMV.

I highly recommend the Omega 10049, I use to bowl and face lather.

I have the Semogue 830, it's great for face lathering. I also have a Semogue 2000, it's a bit to large but still enjoyable.
I've had a few Omegas and I prefer the Semogues.

I also have some badgers, pure and finest, but I've really been using the 830 alot more lately.

Not a boar guy myself but based on what I'm seeing at B&B, a lot of folks are regularly using Semogues with a smattering of Omegas here and there. A while ago, Omega's were the preferred choice...I've never owned a Semogue myself but I can personally vouch for the quality of Omega brushes...

Omega and Semogue are both good brushes. I find the Semogues to have much more individual personality. I also really like the quality of their handles compared to the average Omega's light plastic.

Omega seem to be a little stiffer. My 10077 is my go to daily brush but I do have the Semogue 610 and 620. Both brilliant brushes but more expensive. Hiding in the back of the den is my Vulfix Hyde park...hide your knot in shame you....dammed flopyist of boar brushes. Nice handle though.

I have a semogue owners club, I love it. the handle is very comfortable and best of all it did not stink. I also had an omega it was cheaper but it took 3 months to get rid of the horrible stench. I would rather pay a few more bucks for a brush that does not smell.

I tried really hard to love my Semogue 1305. I loved the look, feel and shape. The only thing was I couldn't get the quality and quantity of lather I like. So for me, the best boar brush is the Omega 49. It may take some time to break in, but I think it's worth it. Plus it is so cheaply priced there's not big financial risk.

Semogue 1305 over the Omega: better handle, better bristles, the Semogue never stank, the Omega has never stopped stinking, better at creating lather, denser, softer tips and more backbone due to its density.

To be fair, the Semogue cost 66% more, but if it cost 400% more it would not change my mind. The Omega is still a good brush.

Top Bottom