What's new

Best 2-blade disposable? Need to travel

What would be the best out of the disposable plastic razors?

I'm looking at the Schick ST2, the Good News, or maybe a Bic twin. I only found these at my local drugstores cuz I only looked for twin bladed ones

I only need it for travel, and I'm taking a brush and a sample of AOS cream with me

It's not ideal. But I think disposables might be usable

Is there any particular reason why you can't travel with your razor? I have flown and driven everywhere with my razor and shaving supplies. When the military moves you, you often have to go without most of your house until they get it shipped to you. I always make sure to take my razor, a few packs of blades, and one of my brushes.

The nearest thing to a DE razor that's actually a cartridge type is the Gillette Guard. It has a single blade, does a very decent job and is ridiculously cheap, although only available on-line in the UK and US.

I have a little secret. IMO, plastic disposable razors ain't that bad. That's with a caveat though..

The prep+lather must be done properly. Wet shaving for me is ~75% or more prep and lather and ~25% or less razor and blade.

A modern cartridge shaver does a fine job with a proper prep+lather.

Getting back on topic... I order Dorco razors and cartridges whenever they're on sale for for when I have to fly. Some guys bring DE razors and buy blades once they land but I don't want to run into a TSA agent on a power trip and have my razor taken away.

Is there any particular reason why you can't travel with your razor? I have flown and driven everywhere with my razor and shaving supplies. When the military moves you, you often have to go without most of your house until they get it shipped to you. I always make sure to take my razor, a few packs of blades, and one of my brushes.

Airport security?

St2 is excellent razor, actually if I do not have DE razor this would be my weapon of choice.
If you have a very strong beard I'd suggest Goodnews.

Difference between ST2 and Goodnews is that ST2 razor lasts longer, has a push button to unclogg the razor, smaller head.

Goodnews is more aggressive, shave is closer, feels cheaper and big plus is it does not have a lubricating strip.

Here in europe we have also 3 blade version of ST2.
ST2 is called extra 2 sensitive, and 3 blade is called extra 3 senstive.
2 blade version is better

I tried the ST2 with AOs cream. It did leave red spots on my face, but a cold water rinse tool care of that post-shave.

Not pleasant to use, but good enough. I think I might try a generic twin cart or Trac II.

The disposables only seem to work a couple days

Top Bottom