What's new

Best 1964 Safety Razor

Thank you everyone for you input. (I was intrigued by Psych Tech!) I snagged a very nice
J4 Slim and will keep my eyes peeled for a Flaretip and maybe an Aristocrat. Thanks again.

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 19.36.50.png

Here's a nice chart with all razors by year

I'm born I '64 also, but it's never crossed my mind to try and shave with a razor made in the same year. Perhaps a vintage straight would interest me more. I don't like TTO, so that's out. I'm curious about a tech, and have been considering a cheap tech head knockoff from Yaqi or RR. But perhaps a vintage tech would be interesting also. Never yet found anything vintage that comes close to a modern razor, but I've only tried a half dozen or so.

I'm born I '64 also, but it's never crossed my mind to try and shave with a razor made in the same year. Perhaps a vintage straight would interest me more. I don't like TTO, so that's out. I'm curious about a tech, and have been considering a cheap tech head knockoff from Yaqi or RR. But perhaps a vintage tech would be interesting also. Never yet found anything vintage that comes close to a modern razor, but I've only tried a half dozen or so.

Hmm, a vintage straight in my birth year. You have piqued my interest. I collect Japanese vintage straights. Though I can read and write Japanese, dating Japanese razors would be a challenge, with the exception of some special anniversary editions. On of my favorites...

6C12B15B-2ADA-497E-8ECF-D93E24EC1010_1_105_c.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
1964 was a great year. The year of my birth. I have a J4 Slim that I enjoy using from time to time. That is my favourite 1964 razor at the moment.

Top Bottom