What's new

Berkeley 47 First Shave Impressions

Gentlemanly restraint proved wrong this time. I've had my first shave with my Simpson Berkeley 47. It's denser than my Vulfix 2234, maybe a bit of a lather hog. But it did feel like I was brushing the lather on rather than dumping it over my face. I avoided making voluminous lather in the past because it weighed the hairs down too much. The knot feels pointier and scrubby. The brush seems well made. I lost one hair which looked mangled. We'll see how it breaks in. I hope it doesn't get too soft.

I had considered the Berkeley at one point. My experience with the Wee Scot was similar, except my brush is far smaller. Glad to have received comparison against Vulfix since they also seem popular.

Happy Berkeley owner (in Best) here...used mine this morning, in fact.

I mostly face-lather these days, but even though the 46 is on the smaller side, it can still work well in a bowl.
I've been somewhat tempted to get a longer-handled brush but am satisfied with what I have.

A favorite of mine for several years until I moved to softer (and more expensive) brushes. The Berkeley had great backbone and worked well for bowl or face lathering. I still consider it one of the best values in brushes if you don't mind a little scritch. Enjoy.

My #46 best Berkeley is the only brush I own for over a year now. It's used daily (face lathering) and is just a fantastic brush. It hasn't lost a hair in months. The first 6 months it lost just a few, but can't remember when it last lost a hair.

I love over seeing these Simpsons pics :lol:

Top Bottom