What's new

Benz razor

After Googling the heck out of this razor I cannot find a single result. Does anyone here have any info or history on this razor? I Am assuming it is German.
View attachment 361091 $IMG_5764.jpg

Maybe it Belong to Benz Before he married Mercedes, and then the were united and know all around the world as Mercedes Benz ? Thats a Thought? Nahh just kidding there.

You got me on that one i have never heard or seen a Benz Razor before :eek:/

I'll be Following this Thread and see what's up , Hopefully Someone can help you out, Like Alex ;o)

I was able to get a little info. The razor was made by Karl Benz in the late 20's the same guy who co founded Benz & Co which we know now as Mercedes Benz. This razor is his failed attempt at getting into the safety razor game. This razor was sold for just two months in early 1929 less than 1000 pieces 2 months before he died. I got this information from a collector / shop owner here in Ca.

I was able to get a little info. The razor was made by Karl Benz in the late 20's the same guy who co founded Benz & Co which we know now as Mercedes Benz. This razor is his failed attempt at getting into the safety razor game. This razor was sold for just two months in early 1929 less than 1000 pieces 2 months before he died. I got this information from a collector / shop owner here in Ca.
Good info, i will bookmark this for future reference.

Is there a more clear pic of the razor on the right hand side? That razor is so close to mine I hope Mr OC shop owner was not blowing smoke up my xxx. Anyone else have more details? Mine has a BENZ logo not quite the same as the case and on one side it is stamped. MOD.DEP AI.N.31

it looks pretty close to Alex's 2nd pic - or - could it be that a razor made by Karl Benz has not been mentioned on these boards before today?

I had 3 messages asking for a lower buy it now but had to end it once I realized the info Alex provided was more accurate than the so called razor expert / shop owner gave me. I am thinking a $35 price along with the accurate description might be in order when I relist it.

I had 3 messages asking for a lower buy it now but had to end it once I realized the info Alex provided was more accurate than the so called razor expert / shop owner gave me. I am thinking a $35 price along with the accurate description might be in order when I relist it.

Good luck, I hope you get a good deal on it.

funny, I saw your listing before I saw this thread. I work for MB so it caught my eye, then I saw your topic... small world!

I have Benz razor and box. Anybody know where a can find the handle ?

Attachments

• IMG_0221.jpeg
    IMG_0221.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0222.jpeg
    IMG_0222.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
J'ai un rasoir et une boîte Benz. Quelqu'un sait où trouver la poignée ?
J'ai un rasoir complet, sans boîte, le manche n'est pas fêlé, alors à tous les deux peut-être ?

Attachments

• BENZ5.jpg
    BENZ5.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 8
  • BENZ4.jpg
    BENZ4.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 9
  • BENZ3.jpg
    BENZ3.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 8
  • BENZ2.jpg
    BENZ2.jpg