What's new

Barber Towels

Greetings All,
I've kind of been on the lookout for a good shaving towel and have spotted these Professional Barber towels here :http://www.barberdepots.com/barber-towels/
The price seems right too.
The problem I have is that your normal department store face towel seems to be a real thick towel and usually of a size that's either too small or large. Something that when you soak it in hot water, becomes very heavy and awkward for face wrapping. Not to mention that they can soak up a easy gallon of hot water!
Since I'm a straight razor guy, a hot towel is a must to soften things up. But most of all, to wake one up so one is paying attention as to what one's doing!
One nice thing about a straight razor, since they're so sharp you don't even feel that cut when it happens!
Now on another note, I do believe that every bathroom counter should have a barbers towel steamer on it. Can't really convince the wife on that one yet! That would really be the berries now wouldn't it?
I guess the next best thing is the wet towel in the microwave.
I'm open to hearing what you folks use for towels (brand or store) and your method of steaming.

Funny you brought this up as I was just looking at the usual web sites for a towel like this. I've been using standard face clothes each morning but I've been thinking that they are really too small for use with either hot (before shave) or cold (after shave) total face coverage. I thought I had seen some barber towels on one of the English shave store web sites but darned if I could find it again. Has anyone out there used the towels in the link or can you recommend others?

Just the other day I picked up a pair of hand towels at Target. They were pretty cheap therefore they aren't too heavy. I think they were $2.85 for the 2 pack. No name brand just labeled as a hand towel.

If you mean the ones at ClassicShaving, they're not disposable. I've never seen any that were. There are some barber-shop shaves that make use of several steam towels at one time. Also, buying them in bulk allows you to toss your used ones in the laundry and still have some in reserve.

bigDee said:
I didn't know the towls were disposable.

Sorry for changing the subject, but has anyone tried the Dorco DE blades available on this site? I've never seen them before so I'm just curious. I would order them myself, but I went ahead and ordered the surgical blades I was talking about, so I want to test those first.

Hi guys.
All the shops i have worked at and shaved at use standard hairdressing towels. Yes when you first use them they are very very fluffy and do not hold a great deal of water, thus get cold pretty quick. But after the have been washed a few times they losen up.

Stuart.

AJS said:
Sorry for changing the subject, but has anyone tried the Dorco DE blades available on this site? I've never seen them before so I'm just curious. I would order them myself, but I went ahead and ordered the surgical blades I was talking about, so I want to test those first.
Quel horror! Off topic? So tell us about your latest adventures in the land of DORCO blades...

Also off topic, but they offer Personna injector blades for $5.00 for twenty, and Astra DE blades for $11.000 for 100 (never tried these or the Dorco blades - Dorco is a Korean company specializing in shaving products and knives - here's a link to a company profile and some information about their products:

http://eng.dorco.co.kr/index.htm

Who knows, feather blades are made in Japan, so why not Korean blades?

Astra is a Czech brand of blade (Astra was purchased by Gillette about 10 years ago - so, now a P&G company).

Just in case anyone was curious...

Suzuki said:
Also off topic, but they offer Personna injector blades for $5.00 for twenty, and Astra DE blades for $11.000 for 100 (never tried these or the Dorco blades - Dorco is a Korean company specializing in shaving products and knives - here's a link to a company profile and some information about their products:

http://eng.dorco.co.kr/index.htm

Who knows, feather blades are made in Japan, so why not Korean blades?

Astra is a Czech brand of blade (Astra was purchased by Gillette about 10 years ago - so, now a P&G company).

Just in case anyone was curious...

Thanks for the link.

Top Bottom